PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

Sinister
11-02-2006, 01:52 AM
K guys,this might sound gay too ya all but I was a samurai guy till i picked up a 1980 chevy short box.I put a 97 fiberglass stepside box on it and all the body work,then I got a brand new dash,carpets,doorpanels,front fenders,hood,new rockers,basically everything,but,then I thought about my lift,so I bought a 8 and a half inch bds lift,duall shock in front dually stabilizer shocks and everything went smooth untill I thought about the whole set up?,Im running a 454,turbo 350 and a 208 t-case.Im looking to get my drive shafts done buuuut?,should I spend some extra money and put in a np 205 first?,what are u guys using for front brake lines?,I orderd sky jacker steelbraded and they arent the right aplication,I heard that the 2 wheel drive brake lines were longer but I dont think there long enough?any ideas?,I would like to get my front brakes done soon,lordco says they cant get anything else but Iv seen way bigger trucks on the road so you guys must have some info for me,anything would be great?brakelines are the most important info for me,but are the 208 t-cases junk?I want to build my truck right!the first time,if I need to spend more time to do it right I will what are the best set ups?I also have 2 inch blocks in the rear witch brings the rear up to 10 and a half inches,and Im running 40 inch irocs,gearing?,whats the best set up to go with all in all any info will help guys thanks.

HEAVY METAL
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
k.. lose the dual shock on the front.....you WILL go thru a tranny or two... turbo 400 be better for ya... the 208 is a fairly strong unit... where it fails IMO is the aluminum housing......brake lines.... return ur skyjackers and reorder the right ones.. if still not long enough.. run them out of the frame and built a mount bracket......gears....4.56 will still be streetable but if ya can 4.88 would give ya better performance off road......

In The Zone
11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
ya what he said the 208 is fine just put a skid to protect it ....beter low range than the 205 .

the 454 will probally kill the t350 if it was mine i would scrap the slush box and find a nice manual...

ottoman
11-03-2006, 11:16 PM
the t350 will be fine with 40's , mine has been holding ever since i got rid of the 44's. sky jacker brake lines are definatly the way to go.dot approved, good quality and looks more profesional. i got between 8 & 10 inches in mine and still lots of slack in the lines. sorry i can't remember the part number though

HillBillyLincoln
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
I belive "hot rod's and classics" in chilliwack have stainless braided lines any length, a little expensive.

Sinister
11-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanx guys,I figured out my brake prob,see I only have a 3/4 ton dana 44 in the front for now and they sent me half ton brake lines,I just bought half ton calipers for 20 bucks each from lordco and they bolt right on to the 3/4 ton d 44,only diff was the bolt that holds the brake line on.I think I will go with a t 400 so if anybody has one for sale please let me know,the 208 Im still not sure of,I got a buddy with a good set up for me I might get,205 with t 4oo plate,but I guess I need a diff cross member for the t case.thanx for all the info Im thinking of 4:56 gears.

Sinister
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey heavy metal,why lose they dual front shocks?

youngun
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Why keep the dual front shocks is a better question