PDA

View Full Version : 2.9 help

rangerguy
10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
so my trucks in the shop goin through a VI with no problem but for some reason my injectors arnt working and they worked a few months ago when i took it off the road and the shop said it might be the ignition modual so i got a new one...still same problem now there saying computer ..WTf ? the truck ran fine a few months back.....and it has a bunch of new sensors... any imput would be great thanks [cheers]

Jroc
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
change the ecc regulator, should be on the drivers side inner fender $17 ish, its worth a try as it is a cheap part

Cwheeler
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
my guess is the TFI on the back of the dizzy, they like to go without much warning and are an absoulte pain in the ass to change. when they die nothing works.

REDNECK-WELDING
11-02-2006, 10:48 PM
just went through this with a 91 ranger....it ended up being the map sensor heres the link http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70417

In The Zone
11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
my guess is the TFI on the back of the dizzy, they like to go without much warning and are an absoulte pain in the ass to change. when they die nothing works.
not hard to change pull the distributor.. countersink the holes on the tfi with a 5/8ths bit allows acces with a 1/4"drive 9/32nds socket ....... do it to the new one before putting it on as well dont forget the heatsinkcompound .....

take 15 min tops...

Blue coyote
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
To change the TFI module, there's a cheap little tool made for the job. Unless the screws are REALLY corroded, makes it about a 5 minute job...

REDNECK-WELDING
11-04-2006, 09:55 AM
i changed a bunch of stuff it was in the shop for 2 weeks and it was the map sensor...thanks again In The Zone[cheers]

rangerguy
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
so i went to the shop a few days ago my dads friend told me that there a direct ground from the fuel pump to the battery in the harness i found the wire put it to the negitive side on the battery and it fired right up , all guys in the shop and they couldnt figure that out ....[1d] ne ways thanks for all the imput guys see u on the trails
[cheers]