PDA

View Full Version : pics '90 f250 on 40s

4doorShorty
10-28-2006, 10:02 PM
The truck
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/muhstang/truck/jamestruck006.jpg

the photo album
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/muhstang/truck/

theres 4" lift in the rear, about 6-7" in the front. Its a 5 speed IDI 7.3L diesel. 3.55's, limited slip rear...ya I know 3.55s and 40s dont mix right, well I was wrong assuming that. Just mashing that go pedal in 2nd gear while the truck was tracking in a straight line, got us hell bent sideways ON THE PAVEMENT!!!! how the hell it works so nicely I dont know, the engine is way out of tune even. Mashing it in 3rd on some gravel will break em loose. I think because the diesel has a short, but very strong powerband unlike a gasser makes it respond so well. 2nd gear is a good 50km/h tho lol. The zf5s have a low 1st gear, somewhere in the 5.xx gear reduction for first. Thought I would share the pics.

Troy
10-28-2006, 10:07 PM
nice looking rig buddy, i never woulda thought those gears and tire size would go together well either ahha just givin er is fun with that big diesel eh you should get a nice magnaflow stainless 3 inch exhaust...they sound nice and mellow when putting around but when you goose it they sound wicked[36]

4doorShorty
10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Not my truck, the one on 40s I mean. Its a friends who is building it for his bro-in-law. Another guy working on the project is building a dual 3" system for it, should sound sweet when we get it timed in, crank the fuel up and put the new exhuast on.

u2slow
10-28-2006, 10:33 PM
The zf5s have a low 1st gear, somewhere in the 5.xx gear reduction for first. Thought I would share the pics.

Sure, on a gasser. The diesels only have a 4.14 1st. It sounds lame, but it makes it nicer to drive.

crimsen
10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
sure hope he only plans on driving it on the street. diesels are so heavy you usually sink outta sight.

ottoman
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
i don't want to see it on the street. those are some scary shackles up front.
small stock bushing with it at the front of the spring there's got to be a lot of lost steering response

Troy
10-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Not my truck, the one on 40s I mean. Its a friends who is building it for his bro-in-law. Another guy working on the project is building a dual 3" system for it, should sound sweet when we get it timed in, crank the fuel up and put the new exhuast on.

uhhh is that grey 1990 ford with the pictures not the truck your talking about[27]

4doorShorty
10-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah that grey one's the one Im talking about. I just didnt read your post fully and thought you might have thought the truck was mine.
She rides like a caddi man...nice and smooth, tracks straight down the road, can let go of the steering wheel and stay on the road. Its a TTB Ford with 40s, not an IFS mustang with rack and pinion steering and some high tech suspension package lol. Hes into the truck for far less than $3000 including purchase price and tires, which is half that right there. It will git'r'done real well.
The guy's driving it to Bowen Island, where he lives, in the middle of the week sometime. I dont know what kind of wheeling he does. Everything on that truck goes against doing things the right way, but it still handles and rides way the hell better than my 96 'stroke. I still cant believe how well it turns the tires with 3.55s in it, that just goes against nature almost.

89Ford
10-29-2006, 11:51 AM
thoes are some....interesting schakles......and that front leaf pack is shit...some bigg gaps between thoes leafs...

Nile
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
that be dope if my truck looked like that one day

4doorShorty
10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
bah theyll settle. Not too bad for the first time arcing leafs himself. The shackles will allow more spring compression, it actually rides really smooth. Theyre made out of 1.5" square tube with 3/8 wall, and the buckets are 1/2" plate. Way stronger than the stockers, which were really short. Its like I said, its a TTB Ford with a homebrew lift all built for under $3000. She'll git er done ;)

ottoman
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
thoes are some....interesting schakles......and that front leaf pack is shit...some bigg gaps between thoes leafs...

it has tapered front leafs so they will always have big gaps between them

Troy
10-31-2006, 10:18 PM
what does ttb stand for, i know that the later model fords have that type of suspension? what kind of components is it made of

mini
10-31-2006, 10:23 PM
TTB = twin traction beam

Troy
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
ahh i see