PDA

View Full Version : Sos... Sos..

fourplay
10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
WELL, SINCE THE BS WITH MY SHOP, I HAVE NO POWER THERE TILL THE LANDLORD RUNS ME NEW SERVICE. I NEED A PLACE TO DO MY LIFT AND HELP DOING IT.. I HAVE TOOLS, MONEY, THE COMPLETE LIFT KIT AND AMBITION.. THE YJ IS INSURED AND RUNNING (MOTORS STILL HOLDING OUT) SO GETTIN SOMEWHERE AINT AN ISSUE..
MY NEW TIRES SHOULD BE HERE NEXT WEEK..

[cheers]

10-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I can be an extra set of hands.

Honky
10-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I will be happy to lend a hand and drink beer [31]

fourplay
10-28-2006, 06:39 PM
excellent, we have manpower, i'll buy a couple 24's and steaks, just need a shop with power now... or least a carport, lol.. Mark said he'd lend a hand aswell.
[cheers]

10-28-2006, 06:41 PM
I have a carport with power.How long will it be tied up?

Pudge
10-28-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm close to MIke and will give a hand too.

10-28-2006, 06:52 PM
If its a day thing we can do it here no problem and i am in Abby.

mini
10-28-2006, 07:13 PM
whendo you need to get it done for and how longs it goping to take?

ri0
10-28-2006, 07:33 PM
how long do yeah think it would take for you to do it....

I have a 600 sq ft shop I could rent for some beer

fourplay
10-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I've never done a lift before, but from what Mike and dean said, 1-2 days.
Im a newbie at mechanicsbut really wanna learn. Wife went and bought me a new socket set, impact socket set and an electric impact gun to do the job [36] [36] [36] ..
also have floor jack and 2 jackstands.. like i said, never done this sooooooo, should be interseting, but im sure combined, it'll be figured out.. Im not askin anyone to do it for me, just want help and advice..

I'll break down my plan and if anyone has any idea how long, I'll try and figure it out from there..

rip out interior and undercoat interior floors.. 1.5 hours
install new tuffy security console.. 30 minutes..
new seats 30 minutes
remove and install suspension ??
install and wire lights (got them brakets that mount on the windshield posts..
3" body lift ? (thinkin of cuttin the body lift spacers down to 2 inches)

Im thinkin 1 full day and a partial day
I was gonna replace my diffs, but the 8.8 dissapeared from my shop last week (fuckin thieves).... Im glad my front d44 was at my buddies [36]

I will pay for shop time if neccessary, and I reallt wanna thank ya's for the offers to help, it should be a good time.. I will supply all the beers and by steaks, mabye even throw in a box of king crab to the "build place" donor..

[cheers]

10-28-2006, 10:51 PM
My place will be available to you if ya want,just let me know when.

ottoman
10-28-2006, 11:15 PM
hey jim i might be able to help you out . i'm in mission ,pm if interested

trevyota
10-29-2006, 12:19 AM
I'll break down my plan and if anyone has any idea how long, I'll try and figure it out from there..

rip out interior and undercoat interior floors.. 1.5 hours
install new tuffy security console.. 30 minutes..
new seats 30 minutes
remove and install suspension ??
install and wire lights (got them brakets that mount on the windshield posts..
3" body lift ? (thinkin of cuttin the body lift spacers down to 2 inches)

interior and floor.... i'd say 2 hours to take out and prep... mabey more... then layin the stuff down.... give yourself some more time...

tuffy.... doesnt need to happen same day.

remove and install suspension... do you have to save everything... cuz that takes way longer.

i'd give your self 2 day's to put the lift in with no other project's... and a friend helpin yah. especially if it's your first time.

i'd say you have about 3 weekends of work there....

[cheers]

Cheeky
10-29-2006, 12:48 AM
sorry but[stupid] ,if ya got a torch and new u-bolts,dont forget brakelines and misc,ya could get the lift done in a day,but there is screwaround time involved if not set-up[cheers]

fourplay
10-29-2006, 08:16 AM
sorry but[stupid] ,if ya got a torch and new u-bolts,dont forget brakelines and misc,ya could get the lift done in a day,but there is screwaround time involved if not set-up[cheers]

got the 4.5 rubicom extreme duty lift, comes with everything (ubolts, brakeline extenders, etc..very complete kit).. There will be beer drinkin involved, wouldn't be any fun otherwise, lmao.. (only my personal opinion)
Not interested in saving anything, anything that can be torched out of the way would definitely be faster.. your right, i should just concentrate on the lift now and do the little things at my leisure. Im new to this and have the "bit off more than i can chew" feel.. but am so pumped at what the end result will be.. I realize it may sound like a minor deal to some, but this is what I've wanted since I bought the YJ..

thanks for the advice, trust me, i've been doin as much research as I can, and this is definitely helpin me.. thnx[36]

[cheers]

mini
10-29-2006, 08:55 AM
hey mang if you want you can to it at my house in the wack in the garage pm me if you want directions or what not

trevyota
10-29-2006, 10:44 AM
i wouild seriously book a whole weekend off jim.

do you have to get your driveshaft's changed? that's gunna take time and money's too...

Always broke
10-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Just tell me where and when and i'll come help [cheers][cheers]

Foes
10-29-2006, 12:32 PM
your 8.8 got stolen huh? well...i just happen to have an 8.8 sitting under my old truck ready to roll out, new seals, new oil, 3.55 open, good brakes. do you want it?

fourplay
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
well this is awsome.. I have a shop, bud thats buyin my "48 dodge said i can have his shop as long as i need it, so i don't have the pressure of bein a burden..(air, welder,paint booth, the works,just no torches) its in rosedale, so if anyone wants to still come, we're startin this comin weekend.. would appreciate any "expieriance" offer still stands, beers and steaks on me. also, you'll like my bud, he's a body paint guy, he finished his 67 mustang ground up so his shop is mine for the build. again, thanks for the support and help. as for the diffs, gonna hold off for now and just go with stock for now, break shit and go from there.. [36] [36] [36] thanks otto and mini, offered me there shops right away. FUNINBC TRULY ROCKS[36] [36] [36] [36] [36] [36] [36]

AND MY TIRES ARE HERE, SO NO GOOFY LOOKIN RIG ON 30'S, LMAO[15]

[cheers] Jim

mini
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
np jim lemme know where it is and ill be there on saturday let get this done[36]

Pudge
11-01-2006, 07:41 AM
I have funeral to go to on Saturday (4yr old girl:( ) but after that I can help for a few Jim. PM some directions and I'll swing by in the afternoon.

mini
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
so when and where is this happening??????

mini
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
send me a pm