PDA

View Full Version : started the 2inch body lift

bogealot
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I know that i have asked some questions about installing the 2 inch body lift on my yj before but now that I have finally got off my lazy ass I have a few more. I broke about half of the body mount bolts,cut the floor open and removed the rather thick square washer.Now my question is can I just go to the local parts store and pick up some regular washers and some nuts and bolt the new mounts in that way or do i have to get some square washer cut and tap them to the bolt thread pitch....just want to know what you guys have done....also the very front mount has the square washer enclosed in a flap of sheet metel,can I just cut this open to access the square washer....The old body mounts were shot so I ordered some new poly. mounts...any rec. on if i should lub them with a special grease so that they dont squeek....thanks for any input guys

bogealot
10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
well thanks for all the help guys....Since no one has givin any input I have opted to extract the broken bolts from the washers and try and reuse them...just got my poly mount set so shoul dbe finished today....