PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best wheeling truck I can get?

Redneck Cowgirl
10-20-2006, 11:00 PM
OK... so after all the feed back I have gotten back from you boys.. I am really thinking of buying a beater just for wheeling:p I am looking a spending around $5000 or so... whats the best truck I should get? and why?:confused:

d0ubledown
10-20-2006, 11:06 PM
toyota pickup or 4runner. either built/swapped already or not. makes for a great starter. why? because you asked whats the best truck you can get...

you might not want to drive your ranger after though... [stoned]

Mud Maiden
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
From what i've learned it depends on what you want to do with it. If your into mud bogging then go with something with a big motor like a Bronco or Blazer (I know, someone always thinks ones better than the other. The debate will go on for eternity i'm sure) but if your into to running the trails then a smaller truck like a 4Runner would be good. Every vehicle has it's pro's and con's, it just depends on what you prefer.

DirtyComanche
10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Toyota guys are [f]

Personally, I'd say it really depends what you want to do.

For a real beater, maybe an old FSJ Cherokee or Grand Wagoneer. Cut up some fenders, add 35s, add lockers, call it quits. But, those things are wide, heavy, and get 8mpg downhill with a tail wind in neutral.

Or, an older toyota 4runner or PU. But, you have to get a solid front axle version. And you have to be willing to live with 68.2HP. Long as you're never in a hurry... But they are narrow enough to fit through things.

Or, if you don't plan to run larger that say, 33" tires, a Jeep Cherokee is alright. Look for one with a D44 rear (87-89 with luck), and the 4.0L. With a few mods they flex pretty well, have decent power, and EFI and a bunch of quirks related to owing a Jeep. But, they're really cheap.

Redneck Cowgirl
10-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Whats a good down the middle truck.. :confused: little mudding.. some trails:p the main reason I got into wheeling was getting to the good camping spots:D but now I am getting into it more then I thought I would[36] sooo dont think my truck will cut it:( inless I put way more money into her.. already spent way to much[16] I am looking for a truck that I can grow with.. but can take a beating.. after all there will be a girl driving it[k] (need a truck easy to get parts for)

rs9000
10-20-2006, 11:56 PM
i think suzuki samurai ive had a 99 cherokee on 33 with a 6.5 " lift with the bells and whistles ive had a toyoata on 33 same deal and a yj on 31" and a sidekick on 31's and im most impressed with my samuria i picked it up for a trade stright across for my honda and it gose any were dosent like the mud too much but every thing eles . ur good to go and my sammy is only got a spring over lift and like 25" a/t's on it and u can do so much too em u can put toy axles motor and trany and then have toyzuki there cool 31933 me and my buddy had a day at stave a while ago when i first got it and he had a dokota on 33 with body lift and sum susp done on it and mine was going places he could samurai's are cool if u domt mind the size

well good luck and if u need to find one pm me

surreysinner
10-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I got a friend with a 90's explorer with 6" lift supsension(i think) 35 mud terrains near new and mags.

Wants 5k but i know he will go lots cheaper......like 3500, and a cute smile and i bet u drive it away.

Troy
10-21-2006, 12:17 AM
why don't u just get an older ford ranger and put 33's on it and lift it, then u can have 2 rangers:D

Tmax
10-21-2006, 12:20 AM
a toyota is top choice. everything else is just..............

kootenaycat
10-21-2006, 12:23 AM
A quad. Period. If you do get stuck, doesnt' take much to get unstuck, can go all day on $14 worth of gas. Holds lots of beer! Any questions?

[15] [15]

Ironman
10-21-2006, 12:32 AM
a jeep is top choice. everything else is just..............

fixed it buddy

Poopy
10-21-2006, 12:38 AM
fixed it buddy

Yep those jeeps sure put on a show at the mainland cup.....and the island cup.... :D

Not to say that thats the kind of wheeling she wants to do, but I think it shows how dominant toyotas are in our terrain.

poostang
10-21-2006, 01:18 AM
bronco....................

Blazerboy
10-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Blazer...........................

Taxidermy
10-21-2006, 02:05 AM
mechaic[redneck] [f] 87 pahfinder !!!!!!!!!!!!

Chev4.3
10-21-2006, 04:01 AM
yes i drive a chev but i would have to say a toytoa older one with solid front axle best for trails and withe the right tires and gears go every where or be like me buy a full size chev do trails go down a bank like i did tonight and figureout how to get back up that was interesting good times my truck used to look good untill i took it bush wacking but it is up to u ethier toy or chev.

Redneck Cowgirl
10-21-2006, 07:30 AM
I got a friend with a 90's explorer with 6" lift supsension(i think) 35 mud terrains near new and mags.

Wants 5k but i know he will go lots cheaper......like 3500, and a cute smile and i bet u drive it away.
:D Yaa a smile does get you a long ways in life;) Thanx but I wont have cash for a few more months.. just looking for ideas right now. Really should pay up my credit cards befor I start buying more trucks:rolleyes:

mijinkal
10-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I used to have an 88 Ranger and now have an 85 runner. I've spent more time building my 4runner, partly to get rid of the rust, but it has never left me stranded. I spent a few nights stranded because of the crappy ford. I've never broken anything that isn't easily fixable on the trail with my Toy, so I've never been stranded. Toyotas are generally more expensive than domestic, they're known for bad rust and most leak oil. But they've got a stronger drivetrain and they're reliable. If you can find one with minimal or no rust, get it. For $5000 you can get yourself a built truck with a SAS and you won't have to worry about tearing it apart and fixing all the little things. Anyways, you can buy my truck for $6 g's if you want

Honky
10-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm a jeep guy. Always will be I love the look of them so I'll spend the money to make one do what I want to do. From what you posted I would say you have three choices, Toyota, Jeep, or Zuki. Toyota are very capable but again you need to spend the money on then to make them bush capable. Same would go for the Jeep.

If you have a $5000 budget I think your best bang for your buck is a Suzuki. Lots of kids own them have been modified them. They are light and nimble and would make a great fun little trail rat. I am sure you can find one around town but before you spend the money let Darryl (godzuka) have a look at it. Not sure what he would charge but it would be worth every penny to get his feedback. Hope this helps[cheers]

pumpkin
10-21-2006, 08:36 AM
If you want an everything truck, you have to go Blazer,,,, or maybee bronco. These are trucks that can evolve easily. They are capable when stock, but as you want to grow you can BOLT in one tone stuff for strength.If you go with something else, you will spend huge to put the chevy stuff in. The best trucks on this site, with the exception of Sue, (maybee more ) are using full size chevy stuff. And when they get stuck, its the little big truck that can and will again get them out. [f] . If you want a 4X that is gooder out of the box go with a little POS. But the are limmited and direction motivated ( trails or mud ) My Blazer does it all reasonably well with room inside to take everything I want.[cheers]

10-21-2006, 08:39 AM
A quad. Period. If you do get stuck, doesnt' take much to get unstuck, can go all day on $14 worth of gas. Holds lots of beer! Any questions?

[15] [15]

First time i have ever agreed with Kevin but you already have a truck so consider a quad.When they break the parts are cheaper.

MetalMan
10-21-2006, 09:40 AM
First off, this is the wrong question to ask. Don't spend any more than a G on a beater, and take whatever you can get for that G. You'll have to work on it; eventually you'll be doing the same amount of work on a 5G vehicle too, however. And it'll hurt the pocketbook much less in the long run. If it has 4 wheels and the capability to spin them all, it's a good wheeling truck. Although I am partial to Dodge/Jeep myself...at any rate, I don't care what any of these guys say, Toys SUCK BALLS for mudding (they're not so bad on trails though). They are wayyyyy too gutless, and believe me I am speaking from experience. You might find the odd one that doesn't have a 4-banger, it could be a little more worthwhile but not very easy to come by. Another thing, stick...no good for wheeling. Lots of guys do it, mainly for the "I'm a mans man" factor. I've wheeled stick and I've wheeled auto, auto always does a better job of getting you through anything. Mud or trails, so long as you've got a good tranny cooler you'll outwheel almost anything with stick. It's not so bad if you can shift it like a banshee before losing any momentum, but truck shifters don't allow for that sort of thing...

ShortStack
10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Might be a good idea to hit the trails more or go to stave and see what others are driving and how they perform. And if you find something you like, how to make it or if you can't make it perform better.

I really depends on what kind of wheeling you want to do and how often you want to do it. Size and level you're comfortable with too. :) And budget to buy something is one thing .. budget to fix it is totally different :D ;)

Big_Ern
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Yep those jeeps sure put on a show at the mainland cup.....and the island cup.... :D

Not to say that thats the kind of wheeling she wants to do, but I think it shows how dominant toyotas are in our terrain.
hey now, be nice to the jeeps, we needed someobody to watch the toyota's put on a show from the sidelines[22]

I'm a jeep guy. Always will be I love the look of them so I'll spend the money to make one do what I want to do. From what you posted I would say you have three choices, Toyota, Jeep, or Zuki. Toyota are very capable but again you need to spend the money on then to make them bush capable. Same would go for the Jeep.

If you have a $5000 budget I think your best bang for your buck is a Suzuki. Lots of kids own them have been modified them. They are light and nimble and would make a great fun little trail rat. I am sure you can find one around town but before you spend the money let Darryl (godzuka) have a look at it. Not sure what he would charge but it would be worth every penny to get his feedback. Hope this helps[cheers]
True, but a toyota is a lot cheaper to build up than a toy. Just look how much you were budgeting for you new jeep build vs what any of us have put into our toys. Replacement parts & mods for a jeep are at least twice as much as the equivalent for a toy.

Suzikis are good and cheap, but they're tiny. Have fun going camping or on longer exploring trip with a zuk.

Whats a good down the middle truck.. :confused: little mudding.. some trails:p the main reason I got into wheeling was getting to the good camping spots:D but now I am getting into it more then I thought I would[36] sooo dont think my truck will cut it:( inless I put way more money into her.. already spent way to much[16] I am looking for a truck that I can grow with.. but can take a beating.. after all there will be a girl driving it[k] (need a truck easy to get parts for)

Sounds like a Toyota would do what you want and more.

Advantages:
Cheap to find parts for
a lot cheaper to upgrade than most other trucks
capable stock (even moreso with a few cheap mods)

Disadvantages:
The older ones tend to rust out (but same can be said for most other older vehicles)

If you're not in a rush to buy, keep an eye out and you'll find a good deal on one with minimal rust.

For camping, exploring, and mild trail running I would start with a late 80's 4Runner (removable top kicks ass in the summer[36]) or a pickup.

'85 & prior had a solid front axle (SFA) which is more desirable for offroad, but the older frames tend to rust out worse than the '86 & up IFS (independant front suspension) trucks. A solid axle swap (SAS) is very common and relatively cheap and easy to do on the IFS toys. You might even be able to find one already done within your price range. Fuel injection (efi) also started in '85 and is a must have for offroad and just generaly better all around.

if you start with a stockish late 80s toy, throw in a rear locker ($3-400ish) and maybe a small body lift and 33" tires (31s are stock) and you'll be good to go

then when you're ready for more extreme trails down the road do a SAS.

If I was you though, I would sell the ford and buy a toyota project truck, and a nice reliable daily driver that is cheap on gas. Unless you've got the money to do it all.

let me know if you've got any toy Q's[cheers]

Princess
10-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Might be a good idea to hit the trails more or go to stave and see what others are driving and how they perform. And if you find something you like, how to make it or if you can't make it perform better.

I really depends on what kind of wheeling you want to do and how often you want to do it. Size and level you're comfortable with too. :) And budget to buy something is one thing .. budget to fix it is totally different :D ;)

[stupid]

The Toyota people are gonna say Toyota

The Jeep people are gonna say Jeep ;)

The Fullsize people are gonna say fullsize

You get the picture

Get out more, ride bitch with a few people, do some research. Then decide.

In The Zone
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Ford peeeps gonna say Ford.....

Poopy
10-21-2006, 12:23 PM
don't care what any of these guys say, Toys SUCK BALLS .... and believe me I am speaking from experience.

[35] pro ball sucker?

Although I am partial to Dodge/Jeep myself...at any rate, I don't care what any of these guys say, Toys SUCK BALLS for mudding (they're not so bad on trails though). They are wayyyyy too gutless, and believe me I am speaking from experience. You might find the odd one that doesn't have a 4-banger, it could be a little more worthwhile but not very easy to come by. Another thing, stick...no good for wheeling. Lots of guys do it, mainly for the "I'm a mans man" factor. I've wheeled stick and I've wheeled auto, auto always does a better job of getting you through anything. Mud or trails, so long as you've got a good tranny cooler you'll outwheel almost anything with stick. It's not so bad if you can shift it like a banshee before losing any momentum, but truck shifters don't allow for that sort of thing...

All in all that could be the worst peice of advice i've read in a while. I guess autos are good for putting your foot to the floor and hitting a mud puddle.....but thats about it. I have no trouble downshifting my gutless toyota.....

Poopy
10-21-2006, 12:25 PM
[stupid]

The Toyota people are gonna say Toyota

The Jeep people are gonna say Jeep ;)

The Fullsize people are gonna say fullsize

You get the picture

Get out more, ride bitch with a few people, do some research. Then decide.

Great point. I say toyota or suzuki.

HEAVY METAL
10-21-2006, 12:55 PM
If you want an everything truck, you have to go Blazer,,,, or maybee bronco. These are trucks that can evolve easily. They are capable when stock, but as you want to grow you can BOLT in one tone stuff for strength.If you go with something else, you will spend huge to put the chevy stuff in. The best trucks on this site, with the exception of Sue, (maybee more ) are using full size chevy stuff. And when they get stuck, its the little big truck that can and will again get them out. [f] . If you want a 4X that is gooder out of the box go with a little POS. But the are limmited and direction motivated ( trails or mud ) My Blazer does it all reasonably well with room inside to take everything I want.[cheers]

[stupid]

epic3
10-21-2006, 01:17 PM
I`ve wheeled broncos 1st gen toys cherokees VW bus and currently (my second one) scouts
all of them were good trucks the bus was just plain fun
The toy was best tho for all the trail stuff I did bought it for $300 invested $300 it was solid axle the frame was shot when I bought it drove it and wheeled it daily for one year got a vi and sold it for $300 but it was the only truck to never let me down anywhere and always got me where I pointed it I put 33" tires on it with that investment and no other mods

Sandra Dee
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
hey i think you would really like toyotas.....the older style 4 runner like an 88 is a perfect girl truck...and tough too.....one thing i like about a 4 runner is the canopy top....its a great convertable truck...and great for camping...you fold down the back seat and you can fit a fouton matress in there, i swear to god it will be the best bed you have even slept in and dry too :rolleyes: there fairly good on gas too....and parts for them arent to bad either...well clean tailgates are gold........I have had my 4 runner for i think 4 years know....when my b/f starts to mention selling it ...I have to fight back the tears...i love my toyota...there no doubt about that ...and it is really nothing great. Its good in trails, and good for mud...depending on what ya do. but i think that it is a great girls starter truck....no offence boys:p

MikeWild
10-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I suggest getting a Ford, or maybe a Jeep, then again a Dodge is good. You might want to look at a Toyota, or maybe a Nissan. Don't forget the Unimog or the Chevy. There's also the Suzuki to consider. An Isuzu, International Harvester (just for you Phil) or a Land Rover is an idea as well. I hope this gives you some options to choose from! :D

Happy to be of assistance![cheers]

MetalMan
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
[35] pro ball sucker?

All in all that could be the worst peice of advice i've read in a while. I guess autos are good for putting your foot to the floor and hitting a mud puddle.....but thats about it. I have no trouble downshifting my gutless toyota.....

Yeah, all in all it looks like there's a lot of Toyota left in that Toyota. I'm sure you have no problem downshifting your gutless Toyota (and yeah, it's fucking gutless buddy, get behind a V8 and then tell me your 4-banger has balls, even 32's in 4Lo didn't work worth squat, 1st gear and no more)...on perfectly hard, level ground. How many guys get stuck in mud because they tried to grab another gear? You better have a wicked aftermarket shifter, a lot of power, and steep gears to try and grab gears in mud or it isn't happening. On a loose hill, tires start losing traction, truck loses momentum, have to upshift...truck loses all momentum, and you get to take a bunch of life out of the clutch to slowly ease it into motion again and keep the tires from spinning. Trucks aren't set up for fast shifting, and even the pedals are usually placed so that you need 3 feet. Dual t-cases and steep gears help on the trails, but I'd rather just put it in 4-Lo and pull the shifter down. And if I need to grab another gear...I just move it up a notch. But of course, that isn't manly enough...

Poopy
10-21-2006, 08:07 PM
lol, sounds to me like you shift in slow motion, I have never had an issue of "losing all momentum" from shifting. Although I havent driven in mud puddles since i was 18, so you could be right about that. I am running toyota motor, tranny and t-cases, so it shifts and drives no different than any toyota.

Autos are sweet for old guys......[f]

Nutbar
10-21-2006, 10:27 PM
lol, sounds to me like you shift in slow motion, I have never had an issue of "losing all momentum" from shifting. Although I havent driven in mud puddles since i was 18, so you could be right about that. I am running toyota motor, tranny and t-cases, so it shifts and drives no different than any toyota.

Autos are sweet for old guys......[f]
[stupid]
My old heap is runnin a V8 so power isn't really an issue but I do like to play the throttle and speed game more than most and I have one of them shitty shiften 1 ton truck 4 spds and I don't seem to have a problem up shiften down shiften or rocken between second and reverse in the mud or on the hills and trails so maybe somebody just has a coordination issue.[15]

ROBO
10-21-2006, 11:19 PM
old dodge ... they take a lickin and keep on a tickin...cheap too find and too build ... well relatively speakin...notin like mopar power either...

poostang
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
fullsize suv is the way

DirtyComanche
10-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Oooo, this thread turned into name-calling and brand bashing!

Couldn't see that coming. [15]

Nile
10-22-2006, 02:06 AM
drive what makes you happy

StillRYE
10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, all in all it looks like there's a lot of Toyota left in that Toyota. I'm sure you have no problem downshifting your gutless Toyota (and yeah, it's fucking gutless buddy, get behind a V8 and then tell me your 4-banger has balls, even 32's in 4Lo didn't work worth squat, 1st gear and no more)...on perfectly hard, level ground. How many guys get stuck in mud because they tried to grab another gear? You better have a wicked aftermarket shifter, a lot of power, and steep gears to try and grab gears in mud or it isn't happening. On a loose hill, tires start losing traction, truck loses momentum, have to upshift...truck loses all momentum, and you get to take a bunch of life out of the clutch to slowly ease it into motion again and keep the tires from spinning. Trucks aren't set up for fast shifting, and even the pedals are usually placed so that you need 3 feet. Dual t-cases and steep gears help on the trails, but I'd rather just put it in 4-Lo and pull the shifter down. And if I need to grab another gear...I just move it up a notch. But of course, that isn't manly enough...

How come everytime I see you post your telling somebody theyre wrong but yet everyone else thinks they know it all.

go back to bc4x4[33]

poostang
10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
i can see some mullet madness coming soon .......its twitching........flinging mullets

poostang
10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
i can see some mullet madness coming soon .......its twitching........flinging mullets

Crazy_Eye
10-22-2006, 05:20 PM
drive what makes you happy
[stupid] my truck is like 2 miles long and my buddies old ranger was like a lowrider. surprising were that little thing went. we didn't do any real hardcore stuff but were still gettin out there havin fun and thats what its all about.

although I'd say stick with a ford [redneck]

or possibly a yota[Shhh]

MetalMan
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
How come everytime I see you post your telling somebody theyre wrong but yet everyone else thinks they know it all.

go back to bc4x4[33]

You're a drama queen, you know that? And an arrogant little bitch to top it off.

By the way, I've never been on bc4x4. Ever. I'm not even allowed to register. So if you don't like me, why don't YOU take your Lordco lovin' ass back over there?

Redneck Cowgirl
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanx for all the advice all you guys and gals[cheers] You all had some really good points.. There was this one truck I was looking at, was wonder what you all thought about the International Harvester? The main reason I like this truck is cause of its size(always liked bigger trucks) and cause of it look (think its a great looking truck)... Yaa I know girly reasons:p but would it make a good wheeling truck? The whole point of me getting another truck is so I dont worrie about any dings I will put in her. I want to learn everything about what ever truck I end up wheeling... so as I break things or as I up grade ill learn how to fix her. I got a lot of learn to do:rolleyes:

MetalMan
10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Believe it or not, one of your biggest fans would be able to help you out there...Phil (epic3). There's actually a few guys with those, check out the Cornbinders room, that's specifically dedicated to these. Personally, I like IH's, but they're a little too niche for my tastes.

Big_Ern
10-22-2006, 08:53 PM
only probalem with a bigger truck is fitting them on the tighter trails. But if you don't care about the body panels, then giv'er

even a small toyota will get beat up depending on what kind of trails you want to run

Like my truck :eek:

pumpkin
10-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanx for all the advice all you guys and gals[cheers] You all had some really good points.. There was this one truck I was looking at, was wonder what you all thought about the International Harvester? The main reason I like this truck is cause of its size(always liked bigger trucks) and cause of it look (think its a great looking truck)... Yaa I know girly reasons:p but would it make a good wheeling truck? The whole point of me getting another truck is so I dont worrie about any dings I will put in her. I want to learn everything about what ever truck I end up wheeling... so as I break things or as I up grade ill learn how to fix her. I got a lot of learn to do:rolleyes:

Could be a very cool truck,,,, but parts for somthing like that can be hard to come by. If you don't mind waiting to find parts it would be great, but something more mainstreem would be better for a first time rig. I'm into 67-72 Chevy trucks and Blazers. The mechanical end of things is real easy and the rest is readily available aftermarket,,,,,,,,,,,if you have a straight frame to build on[27] . I'll be back in a couple o months[cheers]

Toyquad
10-22-2006, 10:02 PM
toyota......................

Explorer guy418
10-22-2006, 10:39 PM
ford,........................

Poopy
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Lada.

epic3
10-22-2006, 11:56 PM
[stupid]
My old heap is runnin a V8 so power isn't really an issue but I do like to play the throttle and speed game more than most and I have one of them shitty shiften 1 ton truck 4 spds and I don't seem to have a problem up shiften down shiften or rocken between second and reverse in the mud or on the hills and trails so maybe somebody just has a coordination issue.[15]
you just dont drink enough[31] [31] [31] [stoned] :D

epic3
10-22-2006, 11:58 PM
IHC your kidding right[f]
you didnt happen to be down at the impound lot lookin at mine did ya:D
Its sexy damn sexy real damn sexy
did I mention sexy[15]
get a Corn Binder and then you can join the three of us in the corn binder room it needs a girls touch kinda a sausage fest goin on in there

dickrick
10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
IHC your kidding right[f]
you didnt happen to be down at the impound lot lookin at mine did ya:D
Its sexy damn sexy real damn sexy
did I mention sexy[15]
get a Corn Binder and then you can join the three of us in the corn binder room it needs a girls touch kinda a sausage fest goin on in there
[stupid] Hell ya get a scout the room of a big rig and the turning radius of a small rig!!![36]
Plus I have lots of parts if ya need!!!![cheers]

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
[stupid] Hell ya get a scout the room of a big rig and the turning radius of a small rig!!![36]
Plus I have lots of parts if ya need!!!![cheers]
:p Thanx.. right now its the truck thats at the top of my list;) Have to do a little more looking around... but hearts leaning towards the Scout:)

dickrick
10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
If you do want one let me know how much your looking to spend and if you want a stock one or modified... Cause I know a guy who wants to sell a few!![cheers]

B
10-23-2006, 11:06 AM
If you do want one let me know how much your looking to spend and if you want a stock one or modified... Cause I know a guy who wants to sell a few!![cheers].....

u could not pay me to pick one of those up [16] .... cudo's to them that like them ...[wako] ... but it's like shooting urself in the foot before a marathon.[27] ... it's all about price and avilibilty of parts :) ... spend as little as u can drive it hard ;) ... my two cents ... bang for buck would be a sami ,toy or a tj ... now that there getting cheap .....[cheers]

StillRYE
10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
You're a drama queen, you know that? And an arrogant little bitch to top it off.

By the way, I've never been on bc4x4. Ever. I'm not even allowed to register. So if you don't like me, why don't YOU take your Lordco lovin' ass back over there?

So I am a drama Queen and an arrogant little bitch eh those are some big words for a dude sitting at a keyboard

and how am I arrogant I am not the one telling everybody else that they're wrong all the time take a look in the mirror

Jeepnut
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I ain't reading 4+ pages and Iam sure it's been said already but just in case....:D

JEEP,JEEP,JEEP,JEEP

:D

Big_Ern
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
how would you know? you don't even wheel yours[f]

dickrick
10-23-2006, 12:10 PM

u could not pay me to pick one of those up [16] .... cudo's to them that like them ...[wako] ... but it's like shooting urself in the foot before a marathon.[27] ... it's all about price and avilibilty of parts :) ... spend as little as u can drive it hard ;) ... my two cents ... bang for buck would be a sami ,toy or a tj ... now that there getting cheap .....[cheers]

There are lots of parts out there for scouts ...Just gotta do a little reserch granted there aren't as many bolt on mods like toy's jeeps ect.. But you see lots of those on trails and not many Scouts That is why I chose mine!!![22]
[36]

epic3
10-23-2006, 12:26 PM

tranny is the same as ford or dodge 727 (6:1 planetary 1st available)auto t18 standard transfer case is the same as jeep or dodge even some older fords dana 20 or 300 brakes are the same as ford or dodge calipers($30) wheel cylinders($11) pads($30) shoes drums and rotors($75) hubs as well chev 12 bolt diffs are a bolt on with the exception of pitman arm the engine is the same as used in all of their heavy impement tractors 3 tons ect should I continue Parts are in other words a breeze I've never had a problem finding them quick and cheap the worst thing ya gotta look out for is rot but thats the case with anything 30 years old

StillRYE
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Scouts are sweet I have always wanted one of those if i didnt already have so many vehicles I would buy dickricks in a second

epic3
10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Scouts are sweet I have always wanted one of those if i didnt already have so many vehicles I would buy dickricks in a second
then get rid of some [f]

Jeepnut
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Sweet rides....but there all rotten

StillRYE
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Yea i have been trying to

StillRYE
10-23-2006, 03:45 PM

Yea I'm used to that I drive an 82 toyota[36]

epic3
10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
So are all the non restored cj5's and 7's

Poopy
10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
So after these 5 pages or so, have we established that a Toyota is the best option yet???

Tmax
10-23-2006, 05:08 PM
So after these 5 pages or so, have we established that a Toyota is the best option yet???

[stupid] yes toyota's are definatly the best poorman's 4x4[36]

ray
10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
im a chev guys myself and suzuki but ive notice that the suzuki will go father i nthe bushj do to is size and will do ebvrtyhing cause it so small but lite no grip rite
fullsize chev go for evrything but not tight trails hard toi use and toys are right in the middle in length capabilty and easy to modify but exsensiuve to repair or find parts from 85 up

and fords well yah all now.................

and isuzu are quiet the rigs if you want to some serisou mods

mogs well expensive and good for evrything if you want to pay 50 000 for em

jeeps are like yotas in the middle go everywhwre goodfor everything

but i prefer suzuki casue i liek to go deep and far in the bush !!!!

Poopy
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
[stupid] yes toyota's are definatly the best poorman's 4x4[36]

I will agree with that. :D See big guy, we're making headway.

epic3
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
see everybody can get along after all

ray
10-23-2006, 10:06 PM
yepp we shur can but can you get along wit ha suzuki guy?

Honky
10-23-2006, 10:17 PM
you have to re look at her question. i still think the the best "bush only" truck you can buy for $5000 and under is zuki.

here is a test look around and come back here with the best " bush"truck you can find for sale that is $5000 or under

Cheeky
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
[32] sorry not for sale[22] 20202020

Honky
10-23-2006, 10:35 PM
was that under 5000?

epic3
10-23-2006, 10:37 PM
i doubt that would be under 5g`s
thats a rust free sammi

surreysinner
10-23-2006, 10:39 PM
I think for 5k u should be able to do lift and tires in ur new truck or buy a nice zuki that is already built.

Your a girl so driving a zuki is ok.

REZ
10-23-2006, 10:40 PM
get a zuki,
cheap, light, good in maintenance, goes everywhere, and cooooooool
:cool:

Cheeky
10-23-2006, 10:42 PM
was that under 5000?
way under-I have my ways,was a good deal though,right now I am sitting at 7200 with winch and swampers and that also includes athe $$$ 's for work done[36] [36] [36]

Cheeky
10-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I actuall traded a dirtbike I bought for 2500,so I bought it for 2500(bike was woth 5000[32] )

The day I got it home and it was mint,lotts of bunks welds on the fab though(thank god for godzuka[d] )

here it is without a scratch,I think the guy who had it built at Kevin's offroad's bill was around 20,000[16] no b.s. either[15] [15] [15]

Honky
10-23-2006, 10:54 PM
get a zuki,
cheap, light, good in maintenance, goes everywhere, and cooooooool
:cool:

ok lets not get carried away. They have no style or charater and they are truly feminine but are good as a kids truck.

but I still think you can get the most bang for your buck for what she is looking for

Honky
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
I should edit my last post here are a "few" Very cool and well built zuki's around.....

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I should edit my last post here are a "few" Very cool and well built zuki's around.....
ya mean couple right and none of which for under 5 g`s
Stinkies U-cans Cheekys even Godzukas couldn`t be built for under 5g`s

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Ok soo it might be the "cowgirl" in me but... I like bigger trucks:p The Scout.. I just love the way it looks(I know a really girly reason to like a truck), and if I could find one with little or no rust:D I could wheel it stock, and build as my skills improve or as the break shit:rolleyes: But in the end it will come down to what I can afford....:o 5g's is just a starting point... figer if i could put that much cash down i could get me a half decent truck to build up on. I am not just looking to buy a truck to trash

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Stock scouts have very little ground clearance and ya cant fit a very large tire on em a lift is almost a must and I do know where a nice one is on the north shore (not mine)

Honky
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
OK... so after all the feed back I have gotten back from you boys.. I am really thinking of buying a beater just for wheeling:p I am looking a spending around $5000 or so... whats the best truck I should get? and why?:confused:

yeah i guess I took it wrong. When you said wheeling I think of tight trails and challenges.

Big_Ern
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
you'rte better off to buy a truck for 2g and use the remaining 3g for mods
locker, armour, tires, lift, winch

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/2f_12.jpg
now there a sexy truck.. [15] yaa mine wont look like that

Its going to look like this:p
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/b6_12.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/c2_12.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/9b_12.jpg

Hello Kitty
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I actuall traded a dirtbike I bought for 2500,so I bought it for 2500(bike was woth 5000[32] )

The day I got it home and it was mint,lotts of bunks welds on the fab though(thank god for godzuka[d] )

here it is without a scratch,I think the guy who had it built at Kevin's offroad's bill was around 20,000[16] no b.s. either[15] [15] [15]

wasn't sampson originally built for vin diesel's double?

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:31 PM
you'rte better off to buy a truck for 2g and use the remaining 3g for mods
locker, armour, tires, lift, winch
yaa kind of what i have been thinking...

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Mine used to look just like the blue one same color and all
but not no more nor ever again

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:40 PM
This is selling on ebay for 5'gs (USA money) right now
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/c2_12.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rock-Crawler-Custom-built-1972-Scout-II_W0QQitemZ120042559427QQihZ002QQcategoryZ84157QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:43 PM
wow 5g`s
the pink cage is killer too

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:45 PM
wow 5g`s
the pink cage is killer too
[32] I know I love that truck... I want to make love to that truck:rolleyes: If only I had extra cash right now...:rolleyes:

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
yellow and pink makes ya horny eh
ever driven a scout?
now how horny would that make ya? hahahaha

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:52 PM
yellow and pink makes ya horny eh
ever driven a scout?
now how horny would that make ya? hahahaha
;) well truth have not driven one.. might get me to excited[32]
and yellow and pink does it for me every time LOL:p

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
they`re scary
well mine is anyhow but damn fun and addictive

Redneck Cowgirl
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
they`re scary
well mine is anyhow but damn fun and addictive
Y scary?

epic3
10-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Y scary?
[32] cant tell ya
no power steering and big tires it likes to follow the grooves in the road and it speeds up a hell of a lot quicker than it slows down

Big_Ern
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Y scary?
because phil is in the drivers seat[f]

(there really aren't any puppies or candy inside)

Redneck Cowgirl
10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
[32] cant tell ya
no power steering and big tires it likes to follow the grooves in the road and it speeds up a hell of a lot quicker than it slows down
[15] oooo thats fine.. thats how I allready drive[32]

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:01 AM

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] ya seen me drive it eh
the road is mine!!!!! all of it

Redneck Cowgirl
10-24-2006, 12:02 AM

[16] No puppies or candy[j] you lied to me:confused: bet you lied about it being big to;) [15] [f]

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
[16] No puppies or candy[j] you lied to me:confused: bet you lied about it being big to;) [15] [f]
puppy is all grown up kid ate the candy but it`s still the bigest scout round here (doesn`t say much)
and fifve days from now she`ll be back in my driveway I hope

Big_Ern
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM

only one way to find that out [1c]

Redneck Cowgirl
10-24-2006, 12:06 AM
only one way to find that out [1c]
That would be like test driving a mini.... :p

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:07 AM
na he drives a toyota
and he strokes the motor himself

Big_Ern
10-24-2006, 12:25 AM
no one was supposed to tell[j]

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:30 AM
no one was supposed to tell[j]
there there little buddy
dont cry:)

dickrick
10-24-2006, 12:37 AM
[32] I know I love that truck... I want to make love to that truck:rolleyes: If only I had extra cash right now...:rolleyes:
I've seen that truck too NICE!!! I woulda've done the exo a litttle different but it is still cool!!![36] You would shit if ya knew what I paid for mine....mind you I waited for about 5 years!!!![22] [22] [22] [22] [22] [36]

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Dude you`d love to see the nice one I foound here on the north shore very very very original and clean 70000 kms all black and shiney

Redneck Cowgirl
10-24-2006, 12:43 AM
I've seen that truck too NICE!!! I woulda've done the exo a litttle different but it is still cool!!![36] You would shit if ya knew what I paid for mine....mind you I waited for about 5 years!!!![22] [22] [22] [22] [22] [36]
How much.. got to tell us now:p

epic3
10-24-2006, 12:44 AM
he sold his soul.....................

ez_b
10-25-2006, 08:05 AM
if you're looking for the ultimate truck, i would go with the dodge dakota. not only does it perform very well under any circumstances, it looks very stylish also. [16]

StinkFinger
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
im with the toy/zuki crew as well
i had a scout and not one of thouse crappy scout2's either a real one i loved it but if you want a good first wheelin truck i would go with thw toy or zuki outta the box there just plaing better will take more of a beating and give you more enjoyment

and i think godzukas white zuki could be reproduced for around 5gs

BeerBaron666
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
if you're looking for the ultimate truck, i would go with the dodge dakota. not only does it perform very well under any circumstances, it looks very stylish also. [16]

[15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15][15]Funnyest post ever

StinkFinger
10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
or a f 150 with some 33 in boggers and a little fendertrimming

Mr Vic
10-25-2006, 12:15 PM
i say get a jeep cherokee, easy to get one for cheap. good power, lots around so parts are generally very cheap. i have one for sale $2000 and i have a 6" lift for it that needs to be installed.

epic3
10-25-2006, 01:09 PM
im with the toy/zuki crew as well
i had a scout and not one of thouse crappy scout2's either a real one i loved it but if you want a good first wheelin truck i would go with thw toy or zuki outta the box there just plaing better will take more of a beating and give you more enjoyment

and i think godzukas white zuki could be reproduced for around 5gs
CRAPPY SCOUT 11 !!!!!!!!
Wanna scrap bitch:mad:

StinkFinger
10-25-2006, 01:26 PM
yo go drive an 80 series or an 800 and tel me what you think of your 2 afterwards there just not the same

badmaxx
10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
get a blazer learn how 2 drive it & u can go anywhere[f] whats a ford?

Redneck Cowgirl
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Ok boys this is now my game plan....:D buying me a beater to trash somthing big and fun to drive..;) looking to spend maybe 3g's. I love the scout, so I am going to get me a project truck, and do a ground up rebuild of a Scout, but that wont be for a bit.:rolleyes: I will be in the market in two months for a beater.. somthing cheap.. with or with out a lift and tires.. if you guys have anything in mind:confused:

Thanx for all the advice.. you all are great[cheers]

Chev4.3
10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
yo tanya thats a sweet plan hope u get a sweet truck thats something i should of done but now my truck has a few dents so its prime now lol

epic3
10-26-2006, 01:23 AM
yo go drive an 80 series or an 800 and tel me what you think of your 2 afterwards there just not the same
nothin could replace my affinity for the scout 2 altho I have seen some cool scout 800`s but they are harder to find than waldo in china

4doorShorty
10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Im not reading through 8 pages of this...so I dont know if its been said. Hopefully it has, the best truck for wheeling is one that doesnt cost much to buy, came stock with some beefy parts, and had a wealth of old parts rusting away in a scrap yard that can be had for a couple bucks. Example are old fullsizes of the big 3 and yotas. Id say suzuki too but when I was looking for one they were all like $3500 for an old one.