PDA

View Full Version : 63" chevy rears

ToyotaHEAD
10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Tonight after work I will be starting my rear spring swap. Was down at ktown pyp last sunday and picked up some chevy rear springs. I am not expecting any real issues but am looking to see if there are any notable issues people in the past have run into?

I hear lots of ppl prefer the 3 leaf + Overload leaf cuz of the ride quality. However I run my Toy heavy and picked up the chev 4x4 4 leaf + overload. What are pplz experiences with the 3 to 4 leaf setups? Bumpstops required?

Shackels. I see that lots of ppl do the dual shackel setup. I am planning on doing so as well. But I am curious as to the road manorism of the truck having this dual setup. Does the truck drive more like a waterbed. I was thinking of putting some kinda lock/pin on the 1st shackel for street driving. Thoughts?

Draveshaft... I am currently running all Tacoma driveline. Even put a Taco carden on my rear shaft. With all the added articulation achieved from the longer springs has anyone ever had angle issues? I also have a dual tcase setup so my rear driveshaft is already considerably shortened.

G-rizzle Swank
10-16-2006, 08:53 PM
my chevy's are arched 3" with the overload removed and they are the 2wd ones. unless you are loading er up, i would take that thick overload out, i havnt been able to get the chevy's negative yet, but if you have a lot of weight you might be able to, stock driveshaft. oh yea and i have 4" trail gears in the front. i made my hangers out of some 3/8" plate and had them pre drilled, so i just bolted them to the springs and tacked them all together, then welded them up, make sure you tack the opposing side before welding the other, or it will pull it.

G-rizzle Swank
10-16-2006, 08:54 PM
oh yeah its 34" in the rear, and 24 in the front because the shocks top out right away

Toyquad
10-16-2006, 09:04 PM
dude sick flex..... hows it for axle wrap? single or dual shackle?

the second to last pic..... the right rear shackle looks like its on quite the angle.......:eek:

G-rizzle Swank
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
hmm i dont think that the shackle is on much angle at all, i think its just the way you are looking at it, remember the frame is on an angle too right. its just a single 8" shackle, i dont notice any axle wrap, i used to get a little with my 33 boggers and 5.29 gear but when i went to 35's i havnt gotten any at all, plus i have the overload leaf taken out

ToyotaHEAD
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
what length shocks did u go with greg?

G-rizzle Swank
10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
uhhhhh, 14"ers i think? the fronts are 11 and they top out right away, if you put them on as much angle as mine they only travel 6" up and down anyways, if you put them straight up and down they use a lot more travel of the shock