PDA

View Full Version : axle help

C-Dog
10-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Hello im stuck on the sunshine coast trying to do my front axle u joint and no parts store over here has the correct part they are all to big so can i run without the front axle in or not please any feed back i need thanks

Colin[cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

tnerb
10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
wat kinda truck and i dont see any issues with running with out ur stub shaft but i think u want the axle shaft in

C-Dog
10-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry it is a 89 Jeep Cherokee 5spd im guess im gonna have to find out what t-case to

pumpkin
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Should be no problem, I would pull the drive shaft so you dont spew gear oil, too bad.

m j
10-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't run it too far with a missing axle.
CAD equiped so stuff is always spinning
without an axle it wont keep oil very well.
isnt that a common 1310 size ujoint? spicer 5-760x

Nutbar
10-07-2006, 07:38 PM
You CAN NOT run your XJ without the stub shaft in the wheel bearing hub, the stub shaft holds the wheel bearing assembly together if you run without the stub shaft the wheel bearing will come apart and the wheel and tire will come off (speaking from experience [27] ),but you can run it without the inner axle in it you will just get some oil leakage from the hole where the axle was

C-Dog
10-07-2006, 09:20 PM
You CAN NOT run your XJ without the stub shaft in the wheel bearing hub, the stub shaft holds the wheel bearing assembly together if you run without the stub shaft the wheel bearing will come apart and the wheel and tire will come off (speaking from experience [27] ),but you can run it without the inner axle in it you will just get some oil leakage from the hole where the axle was

[27] [27] Why did you have to tell me that bad news i just got it all back together with no stub shaft it seems tight but i didnt like the idea of driving from Sechelt to Guildford like that so i threw it back together with no axle period just so i could get it in the garage cause it started raining here [27] [27] now i have to take it all back apart and put the stubbie one back in man am i glad you logged on Mikey [cheers]