PDA

View Full Version : 81 toyota push pull steering

shifty5
10-05-2006, 09:45 AM
has anyone ever tried to press out the ball from the stock steering knuckle? i've been told this is what to do but my 2 ton press won't pop the bastard out. from the research i've done no one makes a raised steering knuckle for a toyota. any ideas would be appretiated and if anyone knows where i can buy one thats already done i will take it.

Big_Ern
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
get highsteer

Toyquad
10-05-2006, 02:29 PM
get highsteer

cause that has alot to do with what he was asking:rolleyes:

grind the welds, put in press and press them out.......flip over press back in and weld'r up.

I myself havent done it,but know more then a few ppl who have and havent had any problems

shifty5
10-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Well, i got it out, it only took 3 tons of pressure, heres how its lookin now that it steers. Should have it on the road in a couple weeks.

http://shady8.rmtmods.ca/toy/side1.jpg

Stetson
10-05-2006, 06:08 PM
has anyone ever tried to press out the ball from the stock steering knuckle? i've been told this is what to do but my 2 ton press won't pop the bastard out. from the research i've done no one makes a raised steering knuckle for a toyota. any ideas would be appretiated and if anyone knows where i can buy one thats already done i will take it.

is it because you have it lifted??????? if you don't have $$$ for high steer, you can get a 4" drop arm for the push pull. to answer your Q-yes you can press out and flip the "ball". I think I have one at my shop allready done, I'll look and re post, but i live in coquitlam. second, don't know if you care but you are not leagally allowed to weld steering components, if it broke on highway-you hit someone-they investigated-youll be in POO! plus, my .02, 2 things never to cheap on is breaks and steering, i don't give a f**k if someones truck runs :D ....well mabey mine :rolleyes:

Stetson
10-05-2006, 06:11 PM
ok spent so much damn time looking for the damn picture and figuring out how to fr#$^^$# put it on the post...........and you fixed the damn thing #$$%^.....#$@$% [27] ......congrats!!!! :D:

shifty5
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
hehe, ya i got it to work, i have that drop arm, you still need to flip the ball to make it work or it won't clear the springs. and from the research i've done there is no other way to do it.