PDA

View Full Version : Brakelines or suicide?

ToYz
10-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Blew my rear lines on my runner this weekend up camping, they went right where they tuck up on the rail above the rear diff... guess after 12+years of dirt and w/e siitin' on them they finally ate it... so i limped her home somehow and replacing these fuckin things is a nightmere... i ended up cuttin them out because there is no way imma rip the tank and tranny bracket out to take'm out whole.. and needless to say im sure as heck not gonna even come close to replicating the bends of the stockers, just gonna runnin' straight back with some nice clamps... jeesus.. what a load of shit. anyways had to rant..

anyone else done this job, have any tips for me [cheers]

Chewtoy
10-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Princess Auto has a little pliers style bender for tube... it's your best friend. They also have the tool for putting the proper flare on the end.

Ditchpig
10-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, first off I hate bending lines. I just bent the 2 front ones from the rubber hose/bracket to the calipers. Neither of them look ANYTHING like the other, but they get the job done. I just used a 1" piece of pipe across the open side of a 5 Gallon bucket as a bending station and it worked well. I currently have no rear brakes and I'm thinking I'm just going to drive to the mechanics to get them to couple the firewall part of the rear line, seeing as there isn't anything wrong with it other than someone cut it about 6" from the master cylinder. Good Luck!

lakeseeker
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
got some rusty lines my self , lost the one to the clutch a few weeks ago on the way back from whistler area.

Toyquad
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
got some rusty lines my self , lost the one to the clutch a few weeks ago on the way back from whistler area.

go fix your tranny[f]