PDA

View Full Version : New Jeep...Lift help

89Ford
09-30-2006, 11:29 PM
So a freind of mine just bought a 92 YJ. She wants to lift it and get into the whole camping and 4x4ing thing after going out with me and some freinds...ie after we took her to davis she was determined to get something with 4wheel drive....So I was just woundering what kit youd suggest, my one buddie has a jeep with a 6 inch, we dont know what brand as it was instaled when he bought it, and its so god dam stiff, and its a bit high for my freind seing as shes kinda short... I was thingking one of the Rubicon ones...like one of the 4.5s...But i was woundering if the extream duty one would be worth it over the standard one....Any tips would be much apreaciated as she wonts to build, well have me build, this thing up and start hitting the dirt as soon as possible....

Thanks Brian..

Dieseljeep
09-30-2006, 11:32 PM
A spoa is cheap to do just build the steering correct.

89Ford
09-30-2006, 11:36 PM
ya, well price isnt that big of a deal, she got the jeep for way less than she had planed on spending and dady has lots of money.....and i dont feel like scruing around with geeting her axles to my unkles place to weld new perches and what not......

89Ford
09-30-2006, 11:39 PM
and how high can you go till a slip yoke eliminator and the cv drive shaft is needed.....a bunch of kits say you need to do that, and most offer the eliminator kit, and then do you just have a cv drive shaft made to fit? but when it it essential?

Tunabomber
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
rubicon etreem 4.5 nice lift man not to bad $ good bang for buck[36]
DONT GO ROUGH COUNTRY WHAT EVER YOU DO[27][16]

89Ford
09-30-2006, 11:59 PM
ya, i know about the rough country shit man...dont worrie....i woundt want to put her life in danger

UU
10-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Rubicon 4.5 extreme, I wouldn't do a spring over, besides this way you get all new suspension. The kit gives you everythng you need. Talk to Matt down at Jeap Thrills, he'll hook ya up.

89Ford
10-01-2006, 12:26 AM
ya, when it come time to order, that where i was gunna head.....

jeepxj89
10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
yea brian ,rubicon is good stuff. quality over quantity. rough country sags pretty quick. never ran rubis leafs but i been in a jeep with their coils and there mint . if you need any help throwin it in man gimme a call . im sure chris would be down for helpin out too. git er dun!

trevyota
10-01-2006, 08:06 PM
the rubi is what ty but in his...

and it's pretty ballin.

FKN MRK
10-01-2006, 08:17 PM
[cheers]Go for the Rubicon 4.5 extreme duty.....[f] Just ask Toolman I think he is returning his kit and ordering the Rubicon:D we got extra tcase lowering pucks for mine (for now makes it allmost 2" drop[16] )but no vibrations fer me so far[36]And the lift comes out at more like 5.5"... Its worth waiting for[cheers]

89Ford
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
right on...so how driveable is it with out the slip yoke eliminator and cv shaft..like, is it still street able...i keep hearin talk of vibrations and such....she not gunna be wheel it hard at 1st......but i guess it be a good thing to do

FKN MRK
10-01-2006, 10:23 PM
[cheers]Go for the Rubicon 4.5 extreme duty.....[f] Just ask Toolman I think he is returning his kit and ordering the Rubicon:D we got extra tcase lowering pucks for mine (for now makes it allmost 2" drop[16] )but no vibrations fer me so far [36]And the lift comes out at more like 5.5"... Its worth waiting for[cheers]
:D I drive my jeep all over the place and I still want to do the sye and get a drive shaft cut up, but its allgood the way it is right now. [cheers]

89Ford
10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
all right, thanks for the info hotwheels......and everyone else

jeep-neil
10-02-2006, 12:19 AM
i got the 4" standard in my yj without the slipyoke and i ran 32s and it was a nice ride and worked out really well for me.

fourplay
10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
:D I drive my jeep all over the place and I still want to do the sye and get a drive shaft cut up, but its allgood the way it is right now. [cheers]

[stupid] Such a swwet kit, I ordered identical kit 2 weeks ago[36] [36] I also researched it, it is the most complete kit on the market, heres a link for some install info if you'd like..
http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/reyjextreme/index.htm

[cheers]

Evan the Blue
10-02-2006, 09:35 PM

I have had this lift in my jeep for 2+ yrs now and it does droop a bit but it's a very soft ride :cool: Defenantly want to invest in the slip yoke iliminator and while your at it do the 4:1 in the T case. Then you can bring the skid plate back up to the frame.[cheers]