PDA

View Full Version : which shock should i go with?? for my plans for a lift

mgizen92runner
09-27-2006, 11:19 PM
i have a 1992 4runner and i'm planning to get a 4 inch procomp stage 2 lift kit. along with the 4 inch suspension kit i plan to get 2inch spacer for the rear coils and then ramp up the torsion bars up front to level it out. the kit comes with shocks but what i'm wondering is if anyone has done similar setup and know what shock i will be needing for the rear due to the spacer begin there. thanks

Toy_Runner
09-27-2006, 11:26 PM
GO SAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont even waste your money with that IFS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u-can-2
09-27-2006, 11:27 PM
[iagree]

Price out the SAS kits as well. For some extra $$$ you'll be happier in the long run [cheers]

Big_Ern
09-27-2006, 11:29 PM
[stupid]est

[!] 25 fuckin characters....

d0ubledown
09-28-2006, 02:22 AM
if buddy doesnt know what kinda shock he needs..do you think he'll need a solid axle?

i wouldnt throw spacers in there. you said its a kit right? is that front & rears? or just the front drop bracket setup? if you were gonna throw spacers over stock springs...id just do longer coils out back. use stock landcruiser 80 series rear coils...and just get a longer shock.

once you put an ifs lift in..then wheel it..then realize that its crap or doesnt do what you want it to do...THEN do a swap. that is..if you make it to that stage... :cool:

highwaystar
09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
I kinda agree with double down, judging from your name your an ex-import car dude wanting to switch to a huge truck. most of the people in that boat get a huge dodge with equally as useless lift but just stick with your original plan and you should be fine. If you have your eye set on rock crawling or really getting far into the outback then look into the solid axle (www.bigcountrycustoms.com (http://www.bigcountrycustoms.com) is a good starting point) but if its just camping / impressing chicks, mild off roading then yea stick with ifs.