PDA

View Full Version : driving wireing problem

jeepingpw
09-27-2006, 10:47 PM
HELP

Wired my driving lights as per - normal on my not so normal '93 Bronco.

Wired the relay "switch" wire to the high beam wire. All works well, driving lights on with high beam, off with low beam. Untill,,,,,,,, I turn the head lights off & the Day Time Running lights come on, so do the driving lights. WTF
The "Day Time Running Lights" are run off the High beams, again WTF?

To top everything else off, I had a 4 wheel alignment done in the last week at Tirecraft, $ 200.00 later I thought all was good.
Tonight I pull the stock 31" tires off & the pass side droppes as I jack it up, yep, lower ball joint is shot.[27]
Also look at the rear axle & my u-bolts are doing the Leaning Tower of Pizza.
So continue with the tire change, change the drivers front, & the wheel won't turn. The fuck nut who balanced them used stick on weights & on the inside put them at the outer edge so the weights jammed into the brake caliper.

Only good thing this week was the 3" exhaust done at Midas in Vernon, big notice in power, but need ear plugs on the Hwy[15]

Nutbar
09-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah Daytime Running Lights are on the high beam filament but they have a box that reduces the voltage so they are dim.

and as for the rest of it that suxx man hope your luck improves[cheers]

epic3
09-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah Daytime Running Lights are on the high beam filament but they have a box that reduces the voltage so they are dim.

and as for the rest of it that suxx man hope your luck improves[cheers]
[stupid] probably a 10volt output just enough to trip the relay what I would do is put a small 100 ohm (roughly) resistor in line off of your highbeam to your relay to hopefully knock the voltage down just a little more so the relay wont latch untill the highbeams are on
you may have to play with a few different resistors to get it right[cheers]

nykoma
09-28-2006, 05:29 AM
cool i did know that the lights area run off a reduced voltage, but would've never guessed that they were high beam.[cheers]

Toyrantula
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
In my toy I used the fuse to trigger my lights relay and pulled power straight off the battery. Used a swircg ro control when my lights come on.

Drop me a PM and we can look at it.

In The Zone
09-28-2006, 12:43 PM
i dont see how they could of aligned it with a bad ball joint...

and ya wiring can be a pain

like phil said try a resistor in line it may supress the voltage enough not to trip the relay for the running lights...

jeepingpw
09-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Problem solved by a guy in Kamloops on Full Size Bronco web site.
You have to wire the trigger High beam before the day time running relay .
When I have time, I'll explain better (after I've done it) to many [31] now & going north hunting tomorrow.