PDA

View Full Version : Scout dana 44 axles

Mr Vic
09-24-2006, 08:56 AM
i picked up a scout d44 front axle that i am going to be using in my YJ. knuckles have been turned to 7* already

the guy i bought it from mentioned that i can use the knuckles out from an early 80's dodge d44 and it will bolt up and that it will increase wms about 2" bringin it closer to 61"and keep the 5.5 bolt pattern has anyone done this and any dodge parts to avoid if doing this?

thanks [cheers] [cheers]

epic3
09-24-2006, 10:17 AM
i picked up a scout d44 front axle that i am going to be using in my YJ. knuckles have been turned to 7* already

the guy i bought it from mentioned that i can use the knuckles out from an early 80's dodge d44 and it will bolt up and that it will increase wms about 2" bringin it closer to 61"and keep the 5.5 bolt pattern has anyone done this and any dodge parts to avoid if doing this?

thanks [cheers] [cheers]
Ask robo he`s more familiar with Dodge tech in the Dodge room[f]
But why do ya want to increase the width of the axle to my knowledge scout axles are already wider than a yj axle and if not use a wheel with less backspacing would be much easier

Mr Vic
09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
i figured post it here cause its about bolting stuff on to a scout axle. i did some more searching and it looks like the scout rear axle is 58" i thought the front was too, front d44 is approx 60" so pretty much the same width as a YJ.

1974(?) International Scout front Dana 44: 60"
1974 International Scout rear Dana 44: 58-1/2"

epic3
09-24-2006, 11:08 AM
cool there ya go
but I always thought scout axles were wider guess not

u2slow
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Is the stock YJ spring spacing compatible with the Scout housing? I can't remember.

Mr Vic
09-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Is the stock YJ spring spacing compatible with the Scout housing? I can't remember.

not too sure.. sure hope so... the axle has custom radius arm mounts on it from the previous owner so i am going to be cutting all those off and having new spring perches welded on. still deciding on what kind of suspension setup to go with. .SOA or SUA