PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Ok i was driving home from work on wednesday all of a sudden there was a clunking under my feet and a few secounds later it felt like something was tensionion up and would realase and make a bam sound only did when driving forward but not hardly noticeable driving fbackwards if it even did it so i turn around only 1min away from my work so i could park my truck. Limping it back to the shop i had to wait at a intersection all of a sudden the truck started making a loud vibration right under me scared the crap outta me the truck was in in drive and my foot was on the brake. So me and 2 other guys pushed it across waited 20min started again but no vibration only crunking[16] :confused:

what could cause this

Messed transfer case?
Transmission?
Torque Converter?
Flex plate?

Please help dont know much so and info would help me alot

B
09-08-2006, 08:20 PM
any chance u weren't in 2 wheel ?

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
no it was in 2. my friend accidently poped it in 4 when he hit the shifter but i took it out. So most likeley the transfer case is toast?

B
09-08-2006, 08:26 PM
is this in ur truck in the sig line ? or somthin else ?

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah its the truck in my sig line

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh and when it first happend i asked someone that was walking by to look under to see if the front d-shaft was moving when i drove he said no so it couldnt be in 4

MetalMan
09-08-2006, 08:30 PM
The guy walking by could have just been on crack. Were your hubs locked?

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:31 PM
nope free

B
09-08-2006, 08:32 PM
k pull the rear shalft lock the hubs and go for a quik drive on the front ... or block up the rear tires and run it and see what lets loose...

MetalMan
09-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Flexplate maybe? This thing isn't full time right?

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
what do you mean full time?

The thing is the 4 wheel dosnt even work said the guy i bought it from supose to be my project truck. So i dont know its at my work for now ill go mess with it tomorrow or maybe tonight.

Thanks for your help MetalMan and Big B

MetalMan
09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Full time 4wd. Manual hubs? Then it wouldn't be full time. If it was, you could have t-case issues...

Ginger Snaps
09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Manual hubs. its goin into where i work since the moms dosnt trust my judgement on this one and she wants to know what a professional thinks[27] Ill let you guys know what happens

Foes
09-09-2006, 12:53 AM
off topic matt, but I got a good set of warn premiums off my smashed up truck...[f]

Ginger Snaps
09-09-2006, 03:49 AM
ill take them

i need a deck aswell maybe some speakers

In The Zone
09-09-2006, 08:10 AM
dude the np 205 is a partime t case sounds like if it did not work when u got it then it might be the cause of your woes...

shift it through the ranges and rotate the rear driveshaftr easy way is put the trans in neutral after u jack up opposite corners
doing so u can lock eachfront individually and mock movment through your t case and gears...means do each cornerlf rr then rf lr get it...

this is of coarse only going to work if you are open....

real easy to spin a tire

Grantman
09-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Sounds a lot like a really loose rear pinion nut to me. Driving forwards the crown gear tries to pull the pinion into the housing causing bind, while going backwards forces it back out. Worth a look.

Ginger Snaps
09-09-2006, 10:22 AM
dude the np 205 is a partime t case sounds like if it did not work when u got it then it might be the cause of your woes...

shift it through the ranges and rotate the rear driveshaftr easy way is put the trans in neutral after u jack up opposite corners
doing so u can lock eachfront individually and mock movment through your t case and gears...means do each cornerlf rr then rf lr get it...

this is of coarse only going to work if you are open....

real easy to spin a tire

Thanks In the Zone

Ill go try that to day. I went up this steep dirt hill the night i got it, only one tire was spining never made it up. so its open not locked

ottoman
09-09-2006, 06:39 PM
check your front wheel bearings