PDA

View Full Version : need help

forunna
09-01-2006, 05:53 PM
i put a body lift i my truck, took it for a spin, everything ran fine. next morning started her up for work, ran fine for a few seconds, then it felt like it was going to die, so i had to keep the revs up to keep her going. wouldn't start on my next try so i figured the alt was dead bc my batt is only a week old. so i replaced the alt, jumped her, same story. ive checked the connections on all my wires. any ideas??? anyone????

o the truck is an 89 4runner 4cyl

whitlers
09-01-2006, 07:04 PM
i assume you've checked the grounds?

UU
09-01-2006, 07:06 PM
[stupid] check all your grounds

09-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Maybe pinched a fuel line when doing the lift?

gumboot
09-01-2006, 07:22 PM
yeah, check all you lines and grounds, maybe a connection to the fuel pump came loose?

Ditchpig
09-01-2006, 09:01 PM
It sounds to me like it's a fuel delivery issue seeing as it was ok "for a few seconds" = gas that was already there. From there it sounds like it was having a hard time getting juice after the initial gas ran out. Dunno. Did it "feel" like it was dying or "sound" like it was dying?

forunna
09-01-2006, 09:32 PM
its definatly not a fuel issue, after i installed the lift i drove it for a bit. its somthing with the charging system, im in the process of checking grounds, ran outa light though, so any ideas on what to check?

kamloopsyota
09-01-2006, 11:42 PM
i dont get it, so many people have problems after installing their body lifts, i did mine on my old 89 pickup and didnt have a single problem

did you follow the instructions and use all the right hardware, drop the rad and the other stuff they give you the brackets for???

johny5
09-02-2006, 12:00 AM
theres a ground on the fire wall , at the back of the head

slacker
09-02-2006, 09:21 AM
so is it turning over ? just wont flash up ...

Stetson
09-02-2006, 09:35 AM
May be just a coincidence that you just did the lift, but it sounds more like it may be the TPS (throttle positioning sensor). The vehicle's computer is not referencing idle, thus you having to hold the accellerator down. ????Now thinking....about it not starting....how is you air intake tube....is it on right, any leaks on the underside from the fan rubbing or it being streched or cracked on the accodion part (PS ask BigErn about that one...) the flap in the mass air flow meter working properly??? just some ideas, but do check the wires like suggested. good luck!

forunna
09-03-2006, 01:50 PM
well i finally got her running, i missed the ground on the tps sensor, plus thee was a short in my alt wiring harnes. thanks for the help guys