PDA

View Full Version : lift blocks

moto_chris_85
08-22-2006, 01:42 PM
so im looking for some more height from my truck. its on pro comp shocks right now as well as has the f150 leafs for the back end but im looking to throw on bigger tires so she needs to come up some more still. would buying lift blocks and bigger u bolts be a good idea? if so where would i find them and how much do they normally cost

if not what else could i do. not really wanting to go the body lift way as it'll throw all my lines off.

thx in advance

chris

Gaelen
08-22-2006, 01:48 PM
personally seeing what happens with lift blocks i would stay away from them as much as possible

THE BIG MUDDER
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
use steel blocks not aluminum you will be fine if you torque ond do randem checks to make shure nuts are tight [cheers]

trailburban
08-23-2006, 09:56 PM
anything more than a 2" block is asking for ALOT of axle wrap

Toyquad
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
lift springs??? lift blocks are gay..... which reminds me... anyone wanna buy some 4inch toyota lift blocks

MetalMan
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
DO NOT put lift blocks up front. That's for the rear only. Not the greatest plan, but it does work, as has been said use steel...and bigger is definetely not better.

MudRam
08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
i used 2" solid steel blocks in the front and had no problems...but i had 4" blocks in the rear and bent the shit out of my main leafs from the axle wrap and torque...if you use bigger blocks, make sure you have properly built ladder bars, and it will work.....but no more than 2" blocks in the front...and make sure there steel not cast iron or aluminum[cheers]

Nutbar
08-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Lift blocks in the frt are agianst MV code as far as I know because they can pop out or break.

moto_chris_85
08-24-2006, 05:04 PM
ok so other then lift blocks whats a way to lift my truck up a bit higher to have a bit more clearence to run bigger tires

B
08-24-2006, 05:15 PM
cut the fenders instant lift for bigger tires ... [5][5][5]

Gaybait
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
cut ur fenders chris :) and join my short bus with yellow paint :)

jeepingpw
08-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Heres what kills me on the subject of lift blocks in the front.
Go look under the front of alot of semi trucks (tractors).
When I worked at Western Star Trucks, some of the logging trucks had as much as 4" blocks in the front:eek:
If front blocks are so unsafe & not legal for a P/U, why are they ok in a heavy duty truck?
No I don't have blocks in the front , but if you are going to, use thick leaf springs (bottom- over load leafs) & cut them short (about 5" long) then get new spring center bolts & bolt them to the main pack. That way they can't slip out. (just an idea)