PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops

waggie
08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I will be heading up to the loops for sep long weekend. I'll be doing some biking up harper and lolo on one of the days. was wondering 2 things.

- where is a nice lake to go to (not paul lake... got the itch last year) to go swimming and maybe some easy wheeling as I will be in the wifes 05 double cab tacoma.

- here and how if it is possible do I go to drive up the hillside towards batchelor lake, grasslands provincial park, lac du bois. I have seen vehicle lights up there when there are fireworks for Canada day or BC days.

kamloopsyota
08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
paul lake is fine just dont swim in the crappy swimming area. if you know where the boat launch is, theres a trail that goes along the lake towards the bluff, follow that and at the end either slide down the rock pile and swim or go along the rock wall where there a dead tree stump and it will slowly make its way down to the water, you do abit of diving off there as well or swim to your right and theres a spot were all the loose small rock falls, like a small beach, water is super clean and warmer in that area, no duck itch.

and for batch just head out like you are going to westside, theres a retarded 3 or 4 lane at the lights and just follow it up the hill and you will see the welcome to lac du bois and a map, a little farther you'll see the dirt spot where everyone parks for dirtbiking, then the trail just heads straight up and enjoy.

im not the best at giving directions haha

waggie
08-22-2006, 07:00 PM
thanks, I thought that if there was itch in lake, that it would be in whole lake. we stayed in a cabin on the south side last time and just swam off the docks. should be a [5] [5] [31] [31] [31] [31] [31] [1c] [1c] [41] [41] wekend:D

kamloopsyota
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
south side is.....on the way to harper or over on indian land??? we used to have a cabin on the indian side

J20
08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
make sure you bet the shit outa that tacoma dude:D [5] [5] [5] im sure wifey wont mind

waggie
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Bri... did that with the 01 tacoma a year after we got it[27]

was in the dog house for a long time[16] [16] [16]

this time I think I should wait more than a year and also let her put the first scraches on it:D

waggie
08-23-2006, 11:14 AM
south side is.....on the way to harper or over on indian land??? we used to have a cabin on the indian side

was on the side where you can turn up to harper as well. on the map, I do see a road that will take you around the other side kinda between lake and lolo. probably past the bluff you are talking about

J20
08-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Bri... did that with the 01 tacoma a year after we got it[27]

was in the dog house for a long time[16] [16] [16]

this time I think I should wait more than a year and also let her put the first scraches on it:D

[15] [15] [15] i remember her telling me(complaining) about that[15] [15] [15] [32]

kamloopsyota
08-23-2006, 11:30 PM
oooh ok so you're more in the residential area, with the dumbasses in the big boats that are wreckin the lake haha