PDA

View Full Version : lens cracked........ okay for a VI ??

lizard
08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
have to take my truck into get a VI & registered . wondering if a cracked (spider) lens will pass? , I have another thats repaired will that pass?

how good does your tire tread have to be ? I'd say mine are about 70% worn or so

and......................it has no rear bumber, never did .... okay or not?

are the vi's just a straight fee or by the HR?

cruizer
08-11-2006, 10:36 PM
as long as there is no sign of moisture in the houseing its ok if the tech not an asshole

DirtyComanche
08-11-2006, 10:48 PM
and......................it has no rear bumber, never did .... okay or not?

Did it come stock with one? If it did, you need one...

Otherwise, you should be alright...

pumpkin
08-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Bring it by, I'll take a look and let you know what you need to pass it. If it looks good I can do the paper work, and you can come and pay and get the pass at your conveniance. ( so,,,,,,,,,, I can't spell)

sj-x 500
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
if the light works, fuck it it passes.

tires 3/32nd's
bumpers must cover the track width of the veichle.

cruizer
08-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Go see pumpkin or if not bring her by richmond toyota strait charge little less then 120 i think and no you dont need a bumper (didnt really read the whole post the first time) tires 2/32nds over all

sj-x 500
08-11-2006, 11:30 PM
you need a bumper or a roll pan. or something that will hit before the body.

lizard
08-11-2006, 11:35 PM
even if it never had one?,...... what about a trailer hitch.?... that will stop anything

lizard
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Bring it by, I'll take a look and let you know what you need to pass it. If it looks good I can do the paper work, and you can come and pay and get the pass at your conveniance. ( so,,,,,,,,,, I can't spell)

pm'd yah

cruizer
08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
NO you do not need a rear bumper

waggie
08-12-2006, 01:21 AM
as for bumpers....

section 8-5 of VI manual

bumpers front and rear

reject if: (means fail)

a) missing, loose, broken, torn portion is protruding so as to create a hazard (rear bumpers on PICKUP optional)

b) shock absorber - collapsed, weded to rail, not collapseable

c) trucks - lowest part of bumper higher than 750mm from the ground

d) less than track width, horizontal surface less than 100mm (4 inches)

e) reinforcement bars - welded, heated, torn or missing

as for lights - section 6
fail if - any lamp is missing or not securely mounted; fails to illuminate properly; any lens broken or cracked so as to impair its effectiveness; modified wiring in poor condition; water (not just moisture droplets) inside the lamp

hope this helps

cherokeeinprogess
08-12-2006, 09:38 AM
$120 mine was $68

89Ford
08-12-2006, 01:19 PM
well i just had one done and DAMMM....my truck is stock and i had to buy like almost $400 in parts to make it pass. He said he found some moisture behind the dust seals on the wheel-cylinders so i had to replace thoes because he said if ti was brake fluid he wouldnt pass it and he didnt wana take the chance, then he said he thingks he found some play in my steering so he made me replace what they call on my truck the Control tie rod thing, from pitman arm down to driverside, pluss the tie rod ends. He found that my E-brake cable to passenger side was broken, which i can understand why he didnt like that, and the lever in my brakes that pushes the shoes out when you set the E-Brake had a little to much wobble for his liking, so he made my put a washer in on the passenger side even though drivers side was the same. So i fix everything, bring it back, he has some kid look at my brakes, put the tires back on, the mech.. looks at the steering, says ok and writes me a pass. Oh and he had said my horn didnt work so when i came back I honked it a few times since i accualy did work and he didnt say anything.

cruizer
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
$120 mine was $68
I bet that shop talks dirka dirka (just the papers and decal cost $27 to victoria)

johny5
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM
i have a question for the VI guys .
would this exo front and rear end pass as a bumper?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/johny5/DCP_1540.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/johny5/DCP_1825.jpg

cruizer
08-13-2006, 11:15 PM
No

waggie
08-14-2006, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=johny5]i have a question for the VI guys .
would this exo front and rear end pass as a bumper?

you must not have read my post. or maybe you just missed the part about being less than track width[wako]