PDA

View Full Version : Engine work needed.....STILL!!!!

BC_4RUNNER
08-09-2006, 06:27 PM
So I really need alot of work done to my engine, and I don't have the time, skills or tools to do it all.

I need a mechanic who can get the work done by Aug 20th and I would rather pay some one on the site to do it. I can take it and pay through the ass to have Toyota do it right,but I would like to have the money go to someone in the FIBC family.

Here is a list of what I can see it needing.

Valve cover gaskets
Timing Belt
Lower gasket ( oil pan or something else, can't see where it leaks from)
Steering box seal or whole new steering box
Brakes bled and pressure flushed
Exhaust- broken off 6 inches back from muffler so it exhausts into my rear floor
Over all tune up
E-brake cable (front piece) replaced. I can do it but don't have time

This is only the begining, as it gets worked on I am sure a few other things will come up.

I am going on a road trip for my Honeymoon and really want to know the engine is solid before I go.

If you know anyone that can help please let me know. Any help is better than biting the bullet and going to the dealership.

[cheers]
Greg

ToyotaHEAD
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I'd give ya a hand if only I were down there. Perhaps soon if I land a good job!

wick07
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
well im a apprentice at toyota and i know how to do most of that shit but i have a couple of full technitions at work and ill talk to them and see if we can double team it / they will do the shit i cant but ill let you know

cruizer
08-09-2006, 08:22 PM
is this a red runner you had out a richmound toyota? to look at the steering box

slacker
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
well im a apprentice at toyota and i know how to do most of that shit but i have a couple of full technitions at work and ill talk to them and see if we can double team it / they will do the shit i cant but ill let you know

nice ....

trevyota
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
no it's a grey second gen runner...

BC_4RUNNER
08-09-2006, 10:04 PM

Thanks Wick[36] I really need it done soon,

and no Cruizer, like Trev said it's Grey 1990, only ever been to North Shore Toyota for warranty work. Speaking of, did you run my VIN yet?

cruizer
08-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Yep all priors done and no extras i could fudge in at this time always worth looking though:D

BC_4RUNNER
08-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Yep all priors done and no extras i could fudge in at this time always worth looking though:D

Thanks Man[cheers]

Crashmaster
08-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Your lower oil leak? Is it on the left side mostly? Yodabomb 3.0l oil pan gaskets seam pretty reliable but those oil cooler to block o-rings always compress and leak, and they are way easier to change.

....... have you managed to get it done yet?

redman
08-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Your lower oil leak? Is it on the left side mostly? Yodabomb 3.0l oil pan gaskets seam pretty reliable but those oil cooler to block o-rings always compress and leak, and they are way easier to change.

....... have you managed to get it done yet?

Thats the one,

[cheers] Greg