PDA

View Full Version : front u-joint

Big-Luke
08-07-2006, 04:22 PM
well i have to change my front u-joint in my 91 cherokee im just wondering if it will be as easy as a drive shaft u-joint?

Gaybait
08-07-2006, 06:25 PM
its pretty easy.. i had to do driver side.. remove tire remove disk and brake assembly then theres like 4 bolts and pull the axle out.. bingo bango

jeepxj89
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
fairly simple, like canadian psycho said. remove your wheel, remove the caliper and rotor. take the cotter pin out of the axleshaft stub coming through the hub, take the little lock ring thing off , then there will be a 30 or 32 mm axle shaft nut you have to take off.now looking on the backside of the steering knuckle, there will be 3 13mm 12 point bolts in triangular configuration holding the hub assembly onto the knuckle, remove those and try prying on the hub a biut and see if it comes loose. if not bolt your wheel back on and push and pull and kick and scream until it comes loose. then pull your shaft out and your done. i cant remember if the axleshafts have saginaw style clips or spicer style but either way you should figure it out

Big-Luke
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
sweet thanx alot i thougth it be alot harder but seems easy

Melvin
08-08-2006, 11:14 PM
U actually dont need to remove the hub nut that holds the unit bearing on.

bratboy
08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
i've come across some hubs that obviously were never taken off before and had to use a wheel puller to get the hub off( even had one that started to bend the bolt on the wheel puller before it broke loose) but it is fairly easy like the rest told you.