PDA

View Full Version : empty cat

Steev
08-01-2006, 08:41 PM
So I was doing some exhaust work last night.. off comes the cat.. EMPTY!!

I am kinda pissed off about that.. I dont have to aircare til april.. but it's still money I have to spend for it to pass..

Bought the jeep from a dealership too... can't trust anyone..

Jroc
08-01-2006, 08:51 PM
it might pass without it, cant you report the dealership to icbc or the bbb and get some revenge? or drive by the dealership at 1 am doing 120 and give them back their cat (fill it full of rocks first) and aim for the newest vehicle their

kootenaycat
08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Chances are the Jeep was traded in like that. How many dealerships do you know that do a smog test before selling a car? None!

I'd still bitch though, may be worth it.

Can't you buy an aftermarket cat reasonably priced? Or a used one from Pick a Part?

Steev
08-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I can weld in a universal cat cheaply and easily.. it just pisses me off that this was done...

Either by the dealership to sell the innards.. or a previous owner..

The jeep was entirely stock and ridiculously clean.. so I dont see the previous owner gutting the cat..

Nutbar
08-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Most likely the original owner or an exhaust shop for the original owner because those stock cats on the jeeps are notoriuosly bad for the baffles coming loose in the cats then they rattle unbelieveably badly

bratboy
08-01-2006, 10:57 PM
can't trust anyone anymore huh? oh sorry never have been able to trust a car salesmen/dealer lol

kootenaycat
08-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Most likely the original owner or an exhaust shop for the original owner because those stock cats on the jeeps are notoriuosly bad for the baffles coming loose in the cats then they rattle unbelieveably badly

Or someone ran it with a misfire for a little too long. Seen more then a few cats melted/plugged.