PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help...

stuckle
07-30-2006, 08:16 PM
OK. Im making progress with this VSS wiring shit. Its not as easy as the book says.

I ended up having to find the vss input at my ecm a10 ( a brown wire for anyone else interested). i hooked the sensor up to it, and pluged in my computer. Im getting a speed reading:D:D:D

THIS IS a huge step because without this my tranny dosent shift properly, my idle is fuckered and it does weird things.

NOW, the part i need help with. My speedo take the reading from the vss BEFORE the ECM gets it. I need to find the speedo wire to i can splice into it as well so that i can get my speedo working again. I onmly have my haynes manual for scematics and they SUCK!

All i need to know is what wire feeds my speedo and where i can find it. Even just a number and id be better. If i can find that i can run new wires and hopefully have a speedo asap:D

o yah... and [!] Wiring... i am pretty good at it, but this sucks[9]

Thanks for the help[cheers]

epic3
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM
the vss wire feeds the speedo don't it? you may be able to diode isolate the vss creating two isolated circuits one to feed the ecm the other to feed the speedo I'm not sure if the diodes would be needed tho but they wouldn't hurt

shockless
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
get a standard dave... but im gonna be in the same boat with my wiring... efi to carb

stuckle
07-30-2006, 09:32 PM
how does getting a standard help me at all dude?

i still need the vss signal and it goes from my tcase to my ecm... nothing to do with the tranny ecxept shifting...

phil... not sure why id need the diodes... they wouldnt do anything...

all i need to do is find the main wire that feeds everything and tap into it. There is 2 original wires coming from the original wiring for the original vss. They go somewhere and they they turn into a single wire which feeds my abs speed (which i dont need), cruise control speed, speedo speed, and at the end of the line ecm speed...

wow this is all so confusing.. i understand it all but i dont understand how most people could. Its retarded.

stuckle
07-30-2006, 09:34 PM
get a standard dave... but im gonna be in the same boat with my wiring... efi to carb

same thing with your wiring???

if your going to a carb you dont need any computerized shit.. expesially if you have a standard tranny. Take all ur computer shit out. You wont have to do any of this when u change over... altho it makes no sence to me why your take out the fuel injecttion anf replace it with a carb. If your wheeling it why would you do that?

epic3
07-30-2006, 10:12 PM
the diodes just prevent any voltage or groung loop feedback between sensors and such just makes for a more stable and reliable and accurate system but you are right you may not need them but I'd assume the factory uses diodes to isolate everything that are feeding off of one sensor

stuckle
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
they wouldnt be connect by anything. 2 completely seperate circuits if i do it that way. Would be easier just to find the wire that feeds them all and splice into it, but if i cant ill have to try it this way

shockless
07-31-2006, 12:22 AM
i thaught just the shifting was the problem, not the speedo, and the reason i am is cause its a 460

gordwould
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
dave give me the info of your truck and ill look through mitchels and see what it has to say or pm me your number ill call you

Big_Ern
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Dave, give me a call tonight and we'll get 'er figured out.

I've got mitchell's and a couple other good online sources at home. Shouldn't be too hard to find the wires[cheers]

gordwould
08-01-2006, 01:51 AM
hey dave you get it figured out? and i hope the info helped [cheers]

stuckle
08-01-2006, 06:18 PM
my speedo runs off a digital signal...

my new vss only puts out a voltage signal

so... im either going to have no speedo, find a nother vss that puts on a digital signal, or by a new speedo that uses the voltage signal and mount it somewhere... as long as it looks clean im happy

kootenaycat
08-01-2006, 10:02 PM
You need a analog to digital converter. The truck would have used one originally as the VSS should only output analog voltage. The ECM needs a digital signal, or has a convertor in it.

What T/C are you using?