PDA

View Full Version : damn calmini

REZ
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I ordered some parts from Calmini 3 weeks ago, they told me it will be ready to ship in one week and will be here in another 2 weeks, so 3 week total.
I called them today to see why I havenít received the stuff yet. They told me it will take another 4 to 5 week until they be ready to ship and another 2, 3 weeks till it get here

sj-x 500
07-25-2006, 10:41 AM
HA calmini strikes again.

what'd ya order?

StinkFinger
07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
iv herd a lot of similar storrys to this from them

REZ
07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
I have tracker. i ordered: 6" combo lift, sabilaizer, Tubular roof rack, header, Exhaust , intak.
so far just 3" sus is ready, and I told them to ship that for now

sj-x 500
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
holy fuck, with an order that big you think they might at least TRY to make you happy... christ all-motherfucking mighty! the 3 inch suspension is ready.. but their 3 inch body lift isn't... steering stabilizer isn't.. roof rack, header, exhaust and intake is all shit they should have pre made really... wow...

REZ
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
the funny thing is when i ordered they said we have everything ready except intak, which gone be ready in a week, and now after 3 weeks they say 5 more weeks

youngun
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Haha, I'm looking into getting a 3" Calmini Kit used for my zuk, then I don't got to deal with Steve.

REZ
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
whose steve? I know there is one steve works for boonbox....

EIEIO
07-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Steve = Calmini.

And good luck with that order, you will need it.

sherbearqt
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I have tracker. i ordered: 6" combo lift, sabilaizer, Tubular roof rack, header, Exhaust , intak.
so far just 3" sus is ready, and I told them to ship that for now

do you get charged for two shipments then?

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
where is this shipping from cause that is outrageous!!!??????

Gaelen
07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
well i was going to order a kit from them but maybe i'll try somewhere else

d0ubledown
07-25-2006, 11:55 AM
lame. however, things can and may get hung up at customs. when i ordered my 4crawler body lift...it took about a month. but 2+ weeks of that was being stuck at customs...and even then Roger Brown did an inquiry to customs as to whats taking so long. Stand up guy he is..he backs his product and makes sure his customers are kept in the loop and satisfied. be prepared to wait even longer once things are finally shipped.

its bogus that they say the order will be ready to ship..but once payment is made and confirmation is expected...all of a sudden it'll take another few weeks...wtf [27]

although i'd wait till all the parts are ready to ship at once. that way, theres less that can go wrong, and it'd be easier to track. but i cant blame ya for bein eager for your parts! good luck with calmini...

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
I deal with customs every day! They are not the easiest ppl to deal with but let me tell you, 5+ weeks to get something. THATS WRONG! And I doubt that it would be stuck in customs that long.

I work for a freight forwarding company and most of my clients get their freight within a week!

REZ
07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
it is coming directly from calmini CA USA. they told me the shipping coast would be same even if they come in several diff shipping?????

you think it is better if I get them all in once( that what i was thinking too), but the thing is I cant wait, befor summer is over I want to do something

I still dont get it is steve is the manager there or something

REZ
07-25-2006, 12:39 PM
hey Silvercherry ( sorry dont know your name) do you know for an order like this,which is about $2000 US ,how much would be freight and customs?

Gaelen
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
thats gonna hurt man
i know some friends of mine and i bought a locker across the border for that specific reason
its cheaper to bring it across yourself.

who'd you ship it with?

REZ
07-25-2006, 12:45 PM
acctually they told me it going to be $2150 US include shipping, it was $1800 before shipping,
I dont know how much customes gone charge me???

Gaelen
07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
one of my co-workers used to work for ups, he says they usually just make up a number depending on what the package contains
there is no set numbers

mine changed every time

REZ
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
thats not bad,
the 6" combo itself is going to coast me about $1250 CA including everything.
same thing from NorthS offroad is about $1600 before tax

Big_Ern
07-25-2006, 01:07 PM
It won't be $1250 including everything if they shipped UPS -- you're gonna get raped by UPS for brokerage fees. On $150 part I got charged $60 in fees, so be prepared to bend over and take it -- they don't use lube either[1c]

Thats why I always get my stuff shipped to a shipping depot (usually use ShipHappens in Sumas) and go pick it up myself. You save a lot for a couple reasons: no brokerage fees (just $4 per package at shiphappens), and also shipping within the US is a lot cheaper then shipping to canada (plus a lot of companies I've dealt with give free shipping within the US).

sherbearqt
07-25-2006, 01:09 PM
lets see... $500 transcription equipment =$168 ups (customs fees apparently?) on top of the shipping costs we already paid to get it to Canada I do believe? so yeah... I don't want to know ur customs fees dude

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Customs will charge you duties and taxes on the amount on the commercial invoice.

Taxes are just striaght up. GST and PST

Duties...Now that changes daily. Depends what the rate is for that day.

As for freight, it all goes on weight.

UPS, FEDEX, DHL are ALL RIP OFFS!!!! DONT USE THEM!!!! (only if you have a small ass cheap package)

Gaelen
07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
It won't be $1250 including everything if they shipped UPS -- you're gonna get raped by UPS for brokerage fees. On $150 part I got charged $60 in fees, so be prepared to bend over and take it -- they don't use lube either[1c]

Thats why I always get my stuff shipped to a shipping depot (usually use ShipHappens in Sumas) and go pick it up myself. You save a lot for a couple reasons: no brokerage fees (just $4 per package at shiphappens), and also shipping within the US is a lot cheaper then shipping to canada (plus a lot of companies I've dealt with give free shipping within the US).

one place i used to order form would give me a SEVERLY reduced reciept to take with me across the border

my coilovers for my old car were something like $200 instead of $1400 on the reciept

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I recommend clearing the stuff yourself. SAVES YOU TONS of money.

If anyone EVER needs any help with shipping just give me a HOLLER!! I can help you out for sure!!!

REZ
07-25-2006, 01:27 PM
hey big ern thanks for advice about lube....
how can i get them to send it to ShipHappens?
should I just tell them to send it there? should I first arrange with ShipHappens ?

REZ
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey silvercherry if you can help ,I would really appreciate.

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey silvercherry if you can help ,I would really appreciate.

PM me with details

SilverCherry
07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Honestly if its only comming from CA it should take no more than 2 days transit to Vancouver. Then worry about customs.

Big_Ern
07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
for ship happens you just put your name with their address (find it on their site: http://www.shiphappenssumas.com/)

There are lots of other shipping depot/brokers.

Some charge a little more and will even call/email you to say your package has arrived. ShipHappens doesn't, so I usually just check the tracking#'s and then just call to confirm that its there before I go down.

You should be able to find one closer to you in blaine or point roberts[cheers]

REZ
07-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for your help Silvercherry.

d0ubledown
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
for big ticket and big $$ items, id rather pick up myself in WA. alot of the times you do get free shipping. even if you pay for shipping, its much cheaper to the lower 48 than crossing borders. screw UPS, FedEx etc brokerage fees. after those are paid..it'll be the same as paying here.

i use hagens of blaine(411.com for info). literally half a KM from the blaine exit. they charge i think $3 dollars for small packages. bigger box and it goes up..and a max of 25 i think for anything coming in freight. i paid $20 to recieve 2 sets of wheels (4 boxes 2 in each box) plus $1 for a phone call to let you know its there. then cross the border yourself, & pay the taxes. havent paid duty for anything yet..*shrug*

or if you dont wanna deal with the peach arch or 176th st BS..you could always use Point Roberts. couple buddies ship & pick up there instead...they say less hassle & less lineups.

for smaller packages, i get them to ship to canada via USPS. no brokerage fees. although you may pay taxes @ the post office..

REZ
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info doubledown.

youngun
07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Ok, Steve is the guy, from what I understand owns Calmini. If you want to know what kinda guy he is read the first 2 pages of this threat and you might think differentally about ordering for there. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365936
Look for the guy with the username: CALMINI Products Inc (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=17772) he is the one that i think owns calmini (Steve). EIEIO knows about this threat and can probably confurm that Steve is the owner. Sorry to say this steve, your product is great but your service IS crappy and the way you talk on the internet you sound like a dick. ;)

factor
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
ive heard the same thing over and over about calmini they say 2-3 weeks
and it dont show up for months thats why i didnt buy nothing from them

crimsen
07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
get it shipped within the states and bring it across yourself.

if the product is made within the USA, (or mexico) you do NOT pay duty on it, thanks to NAFTA.

you WILL pay either the PST or the GST, i think its the GST, on the commercial value of the product.

when a shipping company brings it across the brokerage is NOT part of shipping. think of it as the company's fee for having to take it though customs. i had a package come, weight was 10 lbs, cost was $90, and was a decent size box, and brokerage was $45

REZ
07-25-2006, 10:11 PM
wow, that thread was crazy.......
I might have them send it to some shipping place in state. the only problem is I havent got my canadaian citizenship yet its gone be another 2 month ( probebly same time gone take till they have it ready to ship) , or I have to apply for visa,

Big_Ern
07-26-2006, 01:13 AM

you WILL pay either the PST or the GST, i think its the GST, on the commercial value of the product.

you pay both GST & PST when you bring anything across the border

vern
07-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I was going to order a locker from them, went to MOPAC instead and had the locker in my hands in 7 days instead of the 4-6 weeks lol. The guy at Mopac said they are working on getting more 4x4 parts soon, that was 2 months ago so they may have some now.

Larry
07-29-2006, 06:25 PM
that blows

REZ
08-29-2006, 03:38 PM
damn after 2 month still they haven't shipp anything. for some reason they canceled my order [27] [27] and when i called they said :eek: ooo do you still wan it:mad:
i tried to talk to steve and they didn't put me through[27]
now they said they will shipp part of it by tomorrow
if they dont do it by then i will cancel the order

Gaelen
08-29-2006, 05:43 PM
that sucks man
i hope it all works out for ya
i finally found another place that sells nisssan stuff so i'm gonna try them

Ditchpig
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Wow, just read that Steve post from Pirate and WOW that guy is a total knob. Glad that I came upon this PRIOR to ever ordering anything from that total ass goblin. I hope he reads this too. lol

youngun
08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
soo.... have to gotten any parts yet?

REZ
08-29-2006, 07:12 PM
no i havent got anything yet they said it will be shipped out tomorro. it looks like they even dont mind somebody cancel their orders.

REZ
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
from next week i gone rebuilt my engine[36]
same time can install some calmini shit too.

REZ
08-30-2006, 06:03 PM
ok, they shipped them today, surpisingly!!!
part of the order though.
another half in 2 or 3 week

REZ
09-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I got most of my parts except header and body lift.
tax and duty was $227:rolleyes:

youngun
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
you got the suspension lift?

REZ
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
ya got the suspension lift, only body and header didnt come.
thanks guys for the advise having it ship in state somewhere.i saved lots of money doning that.
I used shiphappenssumas as big-ern said[cheers]

Gaelen
09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
well good to see your at least getting some parts in

youngun
09-11-2006, 04:53 PM
pics of the lift and everything installed please. . .QUICK QUICK :D