PDA

View Full Version : What?Fields?

flipper
07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Up in norish wheleing today and thought a rock hit the axle but only had rear weal drive.[27] Wala! My first broken birf.So looking at Marfields umo6's any one tryed these? Want to hopefully replace once if poible with a birf setup. hope you guys have some experience with them that will help.

u-can-2
07-19-2006, 06:54 PM
If you've got the money, go with Longfields [36]

By far the best axles you could ever buy. Pricey, but you won't break them (rumor has it only like 6 people have broken them before[aahh])

Big_Ern just bought a set and he can even break them [22]

I run Smurfs and except one minor issue at the Fool's Run I've never broken those either [cheers]

sj-x 500
07-19-2006, 07:20 PM
i have heard of 2 suzukis breaking longs. one has a 16v on NOS, balanced, ported, polished, bored, stroked.... 35 boggers, spooled f+r, kicker 2, 5.1's in the rear case. he can send it sideways in 3 lo-high.

gumboot
07-19-2006, 08:32 PM
don't go with the longfields, they seem a little over priced to me. Just get another set of stock birfs and send em to Travis Rankin Design 778-241-TRDV. His shop is in abbotsford/aldergrove area and he'll smurf em for ya. If you send him clean birfs he only charges 50$ for workin on the set and the shit is tough. Maybe even send him a two sets at once, maybe he'll give ya a deal and then you have a spare set too.

flipper
07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
the longfields are they the ones from marlin?

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:08 PM
longfeilds are an entierly new birf and axle from boby long there mad of cromo and 300m anare 30 spline they are the best birf made and hers a link http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

not slagn travises stuff it is great for the price i do a similar product and its a vast improvement from stock but if ya have the monny

EIEIO
07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
cool graphics.

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:20 PM
thanks I dident make them myself

Big_Ern
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
don't go with the longfields, they seem a little over priced to me. Just get another set of stock birfs and send em to Travis Rankin Design 778-241-TRDV. His shop is in abbotsford/aldergrove area and he'll smurf em for ya. If you send him clean birfs he only charges 50$ for workin on the set and the shit is tough. Maybe even send him a two sets at once, maybe he'll give ya a deal and then you have a spare set too.

There is no fucking way you can call longs over priced.

I have tried Owen's O-fields & Travis' Smurfs. Both are a big improvement over stock and work good for the average wheeler, but are still quite breakable with 35+ and a front locker. I'm welded F&R with 36" SX's

Longfields as you can see from the pic owen posted are equal in strength to a stock D60 35 Spline axle!!![woweyes]

Down in Moab I broken my rear driveshaft twice and had to drive the rest of the day in front wheel drive only. One time was at the bottom of mickeys hottub (probably 15ft deep) I backed almost all the way out (with all the weight on the front end) and cranked the wheels back and forth and they held up. I beat the living piss outta them and could not break them. I can count 4 times where I garantee you I would have broken any other birf. hopping the front end, with the wheels cranked and coming down hard on the front end, jammed between a wall & large rock to the point I was flexing the knuckle balls on the housing, etc. No problems at all. That right there is $400 worth of o-fields/smurfs ($50 for a stock birf & $50 for the heat treating) Couple more wheeling trips and my longs are paid for

So if you're serious into wheeling and don't want to back down or take the easy line on any obstacle for fear of breaking a birf, the 30 spline Chromo Longs are the ONLY way to go. I like the fact that I can try anything and not have to worry about my front axle anymore. Next on my list is a rear driveline disconnect so I can use front wheel drive more often.[36][36][36][36]

I will never carry a spare birf again:cool:

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
hes ugly but hes right

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
oh and you like my chart too

EIEIO
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
hes ugly but hes right

Only on thursdays, other than that hes just ugly. [cheers]

Pudge
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey Travis, how come you wanna go sixty in the wifes truck when you can just go Longfield? They are better for her application, no?? Keeping the stock axle tube, etc...

Big_Ern
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
he must want a rock anchor

StinkFinger
you should leave the wifs truck to the wife ass hole

Big_Ern
[stupid]

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
put a 14 bolt in the rear if you want a real anchor

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
who you callin stupid[35]

flipper
07-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Only use my truck for wheleing so it looks like the longfields are the best bet.

EIEIO
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I never said that I was GONNA do that. But later on after she gets "bored" thats what I would do. This truck wont flex, period.

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 04:39 PM
we can make it flex

Pudge
07-20-2006, 04:42 PM
ya what he said

StinkFinger
07-20-2006, 04:42 PM
[stupid]

In The Zone
07-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Arron one day u will regret saying i will never cary a spare birf......

then again maybe not considering the weight of t bag and yoour driving style...

the longs will hold up fine.... as u have proven to your self..

same old scenario u get what u pay for..........

Big_Ern
07-20-2006, 05:02 PM

my driving style?

you mean hammer down?[36][36]

I'm not gonna carry a spare long or axle shafts cause they're about $200ea and also waranteed for life. Plus I can always limp out of the bush with 3 wheel drive.

Or I could carry my old ofields/smurfs & shafts, but thats a lot of crap to pack around. plus if I'm in a situation to break a long, chances are I'll break the ofields/smurfs too.

EIEIO
07-20-2006, 05:05 PM
we can make it flex

I know we can, but lets just focus on getting it going and "somewhat" reliable.

Gonna look at getting a TBI setup and a Squirting Mega hooked up.

gumboot
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
There is no fucking way you can call longs over priced.

I have tried Owen's O-fields & Travis' Smurfs. Both are a big improvement over stock and work good for the average wheeler, but are still quite breakable with 35+ and a front locker. I'm welded F&R with 36" SX's

Longfields as you can see from the pic owen posted are equal in strength to a stock D60 35 Spline axle!!![woweyes]

Down in Moab I broken my rear driveshaft twice and had to drive the rest of the day in front wheel drive only. One time was at the bottom of mickeys hottub (probably 15ft deep) I backed almost all the way out (with all the weight on the front end) and cranked the wheels back and forth and they held up. I beat the living piss outta them and could not break them. I can count 4 times where I garantee you I would have broken any other birf. hopping the front end, with the wheels cranked and coming down hard on the front end, jammed between a wall & large rock to the point I was flexing the knuckle balls on the housing, etc. No problems at all. That right there is $400 worth of o-fields/smurfs ($50 for a stock birf & $50 for the heat treating) Couple more wheeling trips and my longs are paid for

So if you're serious into wheeling and don't want to back down or take the easy line on any obstacle for fear of breaking a birf, the 30 spline Chromo Longs are the ONLY way to go. I like the fact that I can try anything and not have to worry about my front axle anymore. Next on my list is a rear driveline disconnect so I can use front wheel drive more often.[36][36][36][36]

I will never carry a spare birf again:cool:

dood, they're almost $700. I can't think of many toyota parts that cost that much. You can have a couple sets of smurfs to throw in if you break any and still have money to spare.

Big_Ern
07-20-2006, 08:36 PM
dood, they're almost $700. I can't think of many toyota parts that cost that much. You can have a couple sets of smurfs to throw in if you break any and still have money to spare.

Then what happens when you break your spares? time to fork out more $$$

I've broken 3 birfs. thats $300. couple more and i would have paid for longs, so i didn't see the point in continuing.

I like to do stupid stuff and push my shit to the limit. If I had of kept running regular heat treated birfs I'd be changing them every coupld trail rides. Now I never have to worry about changine another fucking birf on the trail again. I figure the longs will have easily paid for themselves by the time the summer is over. Yes its alot of cash up front, but its a good investment.

Pudge
07-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Then what happens when you break your spares? time to fork out more $$$

I've broken 3 birfs. thats $300. couple more and i would have paid for longs, so i didn't see the point in continuing.

I like to do stupid stuff and push my shit to the limit. If I had of kept running regular heat treated birfs I'd be changing them every coupld trail rides. Now I never have to worry about changine another fucking birf on the trail again. I figure the longs will have easily paid for themselves by the time the summer is over. Yes its alot of cash up front, but its a good investment.

[stupid] I can't wait till I can afford them. When I upgrade, that will be one of my upgrades.

BC_4RUNNER
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM

Always!!!!! Works with crack hoe's too, the cheap ones keep breakin'[15] [15] [15] [15]

flipper
07-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Don't think there expensive if you don't have to keep replacing them. The graph
shows them stonger than a d 60.