PDA

View Full Version : got some carb problems

kamloopsyota
07-16-2006, 09:24 PM
ok well, in the morning i go to run the truck and it wont start, so i stcuk a little piece of rubber under the flap for the cold start or whatever it was and she fires up right away, it will be good for a day or two then do the samething, any ideas how to fix that??? also.....when it runs i fire it up and if i hit the gas it dies, so i gotta hold my foot on the pedal lightly and i guess get the gas flowin, then i can actually hit the pedal, but if i floor it all i hear is the peal hittin the floor then it revs like nuts. and if im drivin in first or second and i let my foot off the gas the tires do a burn out.......im not a carb guy and i have no god damn idea what to do, could any of ya help me out here, thanks[cheers]

sj-x 500
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
your choke is fucked for one.

the tires chirpin thing... no ideas...

kamloopsyota
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
oh guess i should add that the carb came off an 84 and mine is an 82, it has some electrical thing on it that my 82 didnt, maybe if i take that off and cap it that might help???

sj-x 500
07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
or feed it with 12v so the choke will work again...

Pook
07-17-2006, 12:00 AM
theres a fuel cut off solenoid and electric choke on the carb that need power when the key is turned on.

kamloopsyota
07-17-2006, 03:00 AM
hmm yeah cause it was 4 prong and the other was 2, i had some extra wires pokin out that had all the same color combo as the others, if i ran a wire straight from the battery would that woprk???