PDA

View Full Version : locker install Q

highwaystar
07-09-2006, 11:22 PM
ok half a year later than expected i am able to scrape some funds together towards having my detroit softlocker installed. Im fittin it in between saving for school next year so im doin it in steps, i bought the locker was step 1, and step 2 is im gonna get a install kit.

soo....what kind of kit do i need? usually i see them in 3 stages basic, medium?, and full.

I read somewhere get the full kit then its like you have a brand new diff in there? is that accurate? or am i fine with basic? i have about 212kms on v6 toy rear.

thanks all[36]

the-t-man
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
it is best to get a full kit master install kit, lots of people dont, but everytime you press off bearings you really shouldnt re-install them, if there in decent shape and your only installing a detriot you can probly get away with it if the guy setting it up knows what he is doing.,.,

boyzen
07-10-2006, 10:24 PM
basic kit is fine unless your really worried that you may have run some crap in your diff and figure the bearings are bad toy bears are really good so if your oil has been full and clean mostly I would jut get the basic kit,make sure it comes with a crush sleve

exo_toy
07-13-2006, 07:19 PM
or if you completely destroy a r&p set and pack the diff with filings and teeth....haha