PDA

View Full Version : front diif q's

B
07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
k this diff has been leakin at the bigg rear seal on the back of the knucle ...

so i pull it all apart as there was way to much play in the wheel bearings anyway...
its completely dissasembled and i notice that the upper ring that the kingpin seats into is missing the back half of the lip that bearing to stablize the upper kingpin rides in is broken off

important? or nah, just throw it back together and fuck it

also the axle seal needed changed so glad its apart but will it just keep eating wheel bearings till i get deedees toy axles under it ... what u think ... [cheers] [wako] zuki's

Cheeky
07-10-2006, 12:05 AM
spare shit at barn---GET IT????:D

they get back soon,so run boy run!!!!

DeeDee
07-10-2006, 01:09 PM
spare shit at barn---GET IT????:D

they get back soon,so run boy run!!!!

My thoughts exactly....:D

Bryson is more responsable than us though [wako]

blower
07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
if you need a knukle housing i've got one,out of an 87 come get it .john.532-5772. cheers.

phatmatt
07-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Get new king pin bearings they come with races. Upper ones are common to fall apart cause all off the grease goes to the bottom.

B
07-10-2006, 08:22 PM
got the upper kingpin bearing [altrom 102-3601] but havent been able to find the axle seal or the big seal at the back of the knuckle ... ?

sj-x 500
07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
suzuki only for the knuckle seals felt and wipers. the axle seal is pretty common.. "inner axle seal" it's teh reason your knuckle was leaking to begin with.

suzuki wheel bearings NEED the socket. the old chisel and hammer trick doesn't bottom out the wheel seals on thems. been burnt by that once, borrowed a socket from the shop and no more problems.

B
07-11-2006, 04:29 PM
suzuki only for the knuckle seals felt and wipers. the axle seal is pretty common.. "inner axle seal" it's teh reason your knuckle was leaking to begin with.

suzuki wheel bearings NEED the socket. the old chisel and hammer trick doesn't bottom out the wheel seals on thems. been burnt by that once, borrowed a socket from the shop and no more problems.

k so i can just reuse the old nasty ones 4 the knuckle ... lordco dosen't even have a book that lists a 82 sj410 ... i took them in the seal and the skf one they ordered in for me was way off ... the flat nuts were hand lose took them off w my fingers so ill see what i can find ... maybe a big set of pump pliers will do the trick ..., same as my chev snug the inner and tighten the fuck of the outer?

sj-x 500
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
it's a 410?! lol yea.. the inner axle seals from a sammi *might* work... don't quote me on that, the axle is about .010 smaller then a sammi i think, and the outside diameter is smaller if i remember right... the knuckle seals, don't worry about them. just clean the ball surface with some scotch pads.

all wheel bearings are adjusted in a similar maner, bottom the nut, spin hub, make sure it's bottomed. back off 1 flat, install lock tabs, tighten hell outta the outter.

if you can ge the chanel locks in there giv'er.. it's a tight tolerance in there.

side note... plan to coil the front if you are putting toys under it... otherwise you will end up with the leaf lining up with half way up the pumpkin on the pass side. you could also out board the springs.