PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my lawn ornament.

DirtyComanche
06-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I finially got back to my 'backburner' project. Which actually, is to fix my 'manche. Anyways...

I've got an Isuzu 12B rear from a 90 trooper. The brake rotors were seized to the axle shafts, so after a quick buzz with the arc they came off with a sledge. Anyways, I figured I better pull the third just to make sure everything is fine. So, I removed the bolts which hold the hub (I guess) to the housing, and pulled the shafts.

Now, I ask, how do you get the shafts off of the hub assembly? I can pull the third, but I want to know how you're supposed to change a shaft.

There's a snap ring on the shaft, and a collar for the seal to ride on. I assume you pull the collar and then there's another snap ring behind it? Is the collar pressed on or are mine just seized?

DirtyComanche
07-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Anybody...? Isuzu guys...?

I'd just put it back together, but I wrecked a cuple of the studs that hold the hubs to the housing, so I need to pull them apart to replace them.

07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
I cant help dude but i might have a whole new one if ya like.I think i promised it to someone on the weekend but it got drunk out and cant remeber who.If i dont figure it out or if they decide they dont want it its yours and it is pefectly fine just bolt it in.I will have a lot of spare stuff in a week or so.

DirtyComanche
07-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh, I got 'er fixed. No worries.

Well, I will when A-1 gets my bloody bolts. [27]