She is looking fo r someone to repair it or quote on it[cheers]

she will pay if you can help her call
Lynn 604 614 2770

England
06-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Have you pmed Nutbar ??

Nutbar
06-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Dan I would tell you not to try to repair a rusty CJ body any one that trys to repair it will find that there is nothing to repair those old CJ bodies rot even worse than Toyota boxes.

mista fitz
06-28-2006, 12:13 PM
^^ this is true.

just wheel the shit out of it, until there's nothing left... then perhaps buy a new aluminum or fibrglass tub, or work a YJ tub on there.

I'm just going to wheel the hell out of mine, maybe fibreglass a piece here or there to steer away from getting a VI... probably never get around to replacing the body.

FINGERS
06-28-2006, 12:42 PM
chevy gurl has a fiberglass tub that she is selling i think

UU
06-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Speed hole [5]

In The Zone
06-28-2006, 01:23 PM
it is not mine and i did tell her it was really not worth trying to catch up on the rust....

i would not repair it my self i already have a yj i got to patch

seriously though my idea of body work is a hammer and snips or cutting wheel
thx for the info..

Honky
06-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Thatís what Iím doing. I patched all the holes with fiberglass. It worked great! The problem with mine is the body mounts are rotten.

Iím now recycling the old CJ jeep into a Whore J

I would say patch what you can till it falls off and repeat till dead

mista fitz
06-29-2006, 12:40 PM
what do you use to 'back' the hole while working on it? It looks as if the previous owner of my jeep used some sort of aluminum tape as well - anyone seen that before?

Basically, anyone got any tips on how to fill some holes using fiberglass? How did you go about it Kevin?

I just helped a buddy fix some holes in his canoe, and thought, hey, this is pretty easy.. should try this on my jeep - but wondering if theres any tips/tricks you guys have learned...

Taxidermy
06-29-2006, 01:37 PM
[36] [36] [36] jeep

In The Zone
06-29-2006, 01:59 PM
use kitty hair and matting and glass resin bird sreen makes a great filler..

bogealot
06-29-2006, 08:35 PM
taxidermy: first of all...you spelled wont as want.second of all if you love pathfinders so much then buy mine......havent posted it in the auto trader but i am this week.....one of the cleanest and nicest pathfinders around....and for a vehicle that nobody gives any credit too....it will walk all over anyother vehicle that is in its class and roughly the same size....willing to bet on it...

youngun
06-29-2006, 11:02 PM
bogealot: do i hear a Sidekick vs. pathfinder challenge? I'm in kelowna, pm me if you want to bet some money on this, i need some more money.

mista fitz
06-29-2006, 11:36 PM
one of the cleanest and nicest pathfinders around....and for a vehicle that nobody gives any credit too....it will walk all over anyother vehicle that is in its class and roughly the same size....willing to bet on it...

wow, you really suit your name.