PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I need an E4OD diesel tranny

asigalet
06-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Looking for an E4OD for my 92 diesel 4x4. Any e4od from 92-96 should work. Please let me know if you happen to have one or know of one for a decent price. I don't really want to pay $2000 to get it rebuilt! Thanks!
asigalet@hotmail.com or call me at 604-897-0450

u2slow
06-25-2006, 12:33 PM
That's going to tough to find a decent one used. :(

You might try Accurate Transmission in Coquitlam. When I worked in automotive, we ordered from them.

asigalet
06-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I hate dealing with tranny shops, I always feel like I am getting shafted. I can buy all the parts through TCS in Langley, but the problem is getting someone to put it together that knows what they are doing. Too many god damn small pieces for me!

gordwould
06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
2000$ is cheap to rebuild a e4od as long as they are reputable and will back there waranty but try given robo a pm and ask him if jason can build it for you at his house and ill ask a buddy of mine if he can do it at home and he works for ford in north van and gooder luck on the tranny hunt

FU Toolbag
06-27-2006, 06:24 AM
From my understanding, the internals are the same as in a gaser except the valve body is different to change the shift points. I have one off of a 94 f350 with a 460. It had about 20,000k on it and worked excelent. I didn't use it cause it was just too long for my bronko and I did't want to use the electronics. There should be one closser to you, but this one will go cheap if you want it.

asigalet
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
gordwould - thanks for the help I'll have to give him a shout. Let me know if your buddy can do it.

okor - I would use it but the diesel uses a specific bellhousing I believe. That sucks, if it would work I would get it off of ya for sure. Thanks!

I still have to pull it out, I'm waiting for it to get a little cooler outside. I think I either cracked the torque converter, or blew a front seal. It was starting to not shift right even before this happened so I guess it is time to fix it.