PDA

View Full Version : WHO CAN MAKE ME A WINCH BUMPER...in a timely fashion?

surreysinner
06-22-2006, 12:34 AM
I want a kill bumper for my truck and want one that replaces the old bumper.

I want the old one off and the new one welded to the frame. I have a few pics and ideas in mind.

I would like to get it done asap as i will be doing lots of camping soon and always get stuck.

pumpkin
06-22-2006, 05:59 AM
DON"T weld it to the frame!!!! Bolting it is way stronger, and if built right you can bolt it to something else if the need be. Whats a timely fashion? and how custom? and how much you want to spend? I have wekends off now, and my sons gat a tool kit and a welder I can borrow[15]

stuckle
06-22-2006, 06:28 AM
what u want it to look like?

MikeWild
06-22-2006, 07:16 AM
try BCC out in Mission.

http://www.bigcountrycustoms.com/

StinkFinger
06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
just remember there are three kinds of work

good
cheep
fast

you only get two
good and cheep = not fast
cheep and fast =no good
good and fast + NOT CHEEP

surreysinner
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Something along the lines of this but no bling.

I want quality first, but cheaper then it would cost to just buy on from warn pre built.

By timely fashion I mean I would like it started immediatly or sooner and done with in a week.

Otherwise I be broke again cuz money dont last long with me.

pumpkin
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
just remember there are three kinds of work

good
cheep
fast

you only get two
good and cheep = not fast
cheep and fast =no good
good and fast + NOT CHEEP

I can do one and three, I don't do two. What are you looking to spend? Whats it going on? How strong do you want it? When dom you want me to start?

surreysinner
06-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Possible like this 2... I really just want some functional that wont rub my tires and doesnt loook overyly huge but works.

It has to be strong. I have it on a crew cab dually with 36" tires usually camper and a 18" trailer loaded so when I get stuck it usually going to need to be snatched and pulling hard.

Plus i tend to like to hit shit so i dont want it to fold.

96 c/c dually is what its for. I want it to replace the stock bumper as well and have enough room to put on some more lights after.