PDA

View Full Version : urgent

REZ
06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Can't get the axle shaft out!!!!
I was trying to change the cv boot on my 94 tracker,I took the tire,hub and snap ring out. then I tought I have to lose the lower control arm by taking the 3 bolt on it but I can not take them out since they are very long and they hit the axle shaft befor they can come out.tried to lose the astabilazer ,didnt make a different. I think I have to lose it from the top by the strut????:confused:

factor
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
i think you have to get the top boot lose and remove inner spring clip (inside of boot)you shoud able to pull top of the shaft out of axle tube and then the bottom slides out inwards there might be a clip same as top
never done one on that car so i might be wrong

In The Zone
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
there is clips in both ends of the cv,s the bearing hub bolts shouold come out if u work the boot back either way u have to dissconnect bothends of the shaft...

good luck

REZ
06-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I took my axle shaft out finaly. i took the 2 bolt in the top attached to the straut then took the breakes out so it got lose then I had room to open the 3 bolt on the lower control arm and axle out . what I did after was I put those 3 bolt other way around in( bolt down and nut up) so next time I can just open those 3 and get my axle out.

factor
06-14-2006, 04:32 PM
well thats just great