PDA

View Full Version : Brake bleeding question

Pudge
06-12-2006, 08:47 AM
[27] can anybody tell me why I can't get any brake pedal pressure after replacing everything but rotors? I replaced front calipers & pads last weekend, no probs. This weekend I replaced rear cylinders, shoes, springs, and drums. Go to bleed and [27] nuthing, try again, get a little, try to get a little more....[27] nuthin. ggrrrr

ANYBODY????? I need to drive it tomorrow[27]

Always broke
06-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Hopefully you didn't let the master run dry,(if you let it run dry ya gotta bleed it a bunch of times to get rid of the air in the system) but overfill the master and let it drain out the Wheel cylinders once they are both draining Brakefluid tighten the bleeder screws then bleed the system starting with the farthest away from the master corner it's a 2 person job . I can't help tonight but i can help tommorrow. [cheers]

Pudge
06-12-2006, 09:14 AM
never went dry, when trying to gravity feed now, not much if any going to rear???????????

Static
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
still have the lspv?

did you bleed it?

Pudge
06-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't even know what an lspv is, lol. So....no I didn't. How can I do that?

Big_Ern
06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
ya, most likley its the LSVP. Also the order that you bleed the brakes is important. Some one asked the same Q a couple days ago, I'll see if I can dig up the thread

Big_Ern
06-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showpost.php?p=897737&postcount=4

ToYz
06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
[stupid]

damn load senor ... i think its the best designed one tho.. in comparison to other "domestic" makes. [cheers]

Pudge
06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
SONOFA!!! I think the master is gone. Nothing will come or go from the outlet on the master. Unhook the frontfluid drains, unhook the rear......nothing, hook up a dummy line, syphon....nuthing. Push the pedal nothing??? I'm getting pissed off.

Big_Ern
06-13-2006, 12:01 AM
[wtf]

did the brake work before you changed the calipers and wheel cylinders?

Chev4.3
06-13-2006, 12:20 AM
shitty deal pual no good so old betty keeps costing more eh

Pudge
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM
[wtf]

did the brake work before you changed the calipers and wheel cylinders?

Not sure, when I bought it the rear was pinched off, after I replaced the brake line, at least the right rear was working (intermitantly at least). The lpsv valve......aint gunna bleed that, frozen solid. Gunna by pass it for now and buy one of those nice aftermarket ones. I sure hope the master solves the problem[27]

Big_Ern
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
if you couldn't bleed the lspv I wouldn't go waste money on a new master. Take it to budget and have them bleed the brakes

or spray the bleeder valve with moovit etc until it loosens up enough that you can bleed it yourself.

LSPV = Load Sensing Proportioning Valve, so by passing it will work for now, but you will be sending full brake pressure to the rear brakes which will cause them to lock up very easily.

Pudge
06-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Aaron, I'ma gunna call you.

Static
06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
if you couldn't bleed the lspv I wouldn't go waste money on a new master. Take it to budget and have them bleed the brakes

or spray the bleeder valve with moovit etc until it loosens up enough that you can bleed it yourself.

LSPV = Load Sensing Proportioning Valve, so by passing it will work for now, but you will be sending full brake pressure to the rear brakes which will cause them to lock up very easily.

I have yet to see a pair of rear toyota drums that are able to easily lock up a set of 33's or anything bigger.

I've had my lspv bypassed for a couple years now and no problems with locking up the rear tires. And I have the biggers drums that came with the ifs trucks.

FZJ80
06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I have yet to see a pair of rear toyota drums that are able to easily lock up a set of 33's or anything bigger.

I've had my lspv bypassed for a couple years now and no problems with locking up the rear tires. And I have the biggers drums that came with the ifs trucks.
I agree, they shouldn't lock up unless you really hammer them. But he does at least need a master cyl. with the line for the rear off at the master he has NO fluid. You cant even pull fluid from the rear port on the master, it is pluged solid. The prop. valve may or may not work that is to be seen.