PDA

View Full Version : Patch my frame for beer or $$$

TWOZEROFOUR
05-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Any one made there own patch pannels for a first gen toyota rear frame rails. My driverside frame rail is cracked on the inside from the rear bumber up to the cab. Im am welder less. need to get that shit fixed.

Loggin roads+600 pound Polaris longtrack+80km/h = worked ass frame

Gotta get to the snow some how..

any help would be kick ass.

I run a Skateboard shop.... Maybe we can make a trade for shoes or some shit...

Peace

shockless
05-27-2006, 04:17 PM
got pics of it? i might be able to make you something.

slacker
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
damb ... i'm just lookin' at havin' them them made ...

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64721

shockless
05-27-2006, 06:19 PM
im sure i can make them for you man, if you get me a pic.

Explorer guy418
05-27-2006, 06:25 PM
twozerofour, can u get me a deal on shoes:D i live in peachland/westbank

G-rizzle Swank
05-28-2006, 10:31 AM
i made my own, it isnt too much work but it is a hell of a lot easier with your box off, plus the gas tank would have to be removed, since you said the frame is cracked from the bumper to the cab, that is going to be a lot of metal to replace, ask gumboot, he might be able to help you. i would do it but i dont have a welder at the moment

Smitty
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Grizzle's got a good point about pulling the box and tank. I've got an 82 and it was cracked all the way around both sides

tnerb
05-28-2006, 06:37 PM
get a new back half off a 2wheel drive truck

TWOZEROFOUR
05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
the turck has a flat deck wich is easy to remove, so thats comming off for sure. Also im removing the tank to swap for a aftermarket tank. Well if some one can do it let me know, im workin in kamloops till the weekend but i will be back in kelowna for a while after that. I can drive the truck to your shop with the deck off no prob.

TWOZEROFOUR
05-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Fuck Too Late..... Trucks off the road, the passanger side frame rail just cracked 90% around the hole dam thing. I will puts some pic's in the carnage section. Stuck in kamloops, any one a welder in kamloops???? fuck

tnerb
05-29-2006, 10:50 PM
time for a new back half man dont fix that shit and drive it far. maybe just weld it to get it home or to somebody that can fix it. ur whole back frame will be shit at this point i can basically garentee that and its all probably to rusty and thin to even weld to. none the less good luck hope i did pop ur bubble to badly

TWOZEROFOUR
05-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I know it's toast dude, im from kelowna. Just stuck workin in kamloops. need to get it back to my shop at home. 160km's is all im askin for. usally only goin 70km/ph up hills with my big ass tires. I have Realized all i can do it cut it off behind the cab. A buddie is goin to build me tube rear end. But it needs to get home first. Such a weak thing to happen outta town.

adrock
05-30-2006, 10:31 AM
im in kamloops talk to redneckwelding he has my welder at his house right now and he is a welder.

kamloopsyota
05-30-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah i need mine patched too, only a small 4" area but still needs a good patch to make it safe, does redneck do that sorta stuff???