PDA

View Full Version : MERRIT

fourplay
05-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Anyone here from Merrit?? My bud kevin and I are working in merrit for the next month and get off work early.. We'd like to go exploring with the 4x4's and have a bit of fun in our down time.. Don't wanna just sit in the bar every night, but were so bored, it's what we ended up doing, lmao.. Kev's bringing his 350 cid '75 Landcruiser on 35's, and I be in my '85 f-350 4x4.

hopefully we can hook up with a couple merrit locals for some wheeling,

[cheers] Jim

jeeper
05-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Lots of spots to explore up that way -Head back out toward the Thompsan river -Theres a great spot where you have to go through the reservation there -the road continues up to the alpine -Who knows how much snow ill be there tho !

89Ford
05-27-2006, 05:19 PM
i was up in merit for the Long weekend, and go up like at least 3 times a summer. I always go to a place called Lundbolm Lake. I go to ride my dirtbike, but when its raining we take the truck out. Theirs a few small lakes to explore and a run up to this bigg rock, ( sugerloaf mountain i beilive, but not much of a mountian....) and you can get a view of the whole valley. Id check it out. Just head up the Ocanogan( i have no clue how to spell that) connector and its just after the top of the hill on your left, theirs a small sign at the side of the road

Hammbone
05-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Try going towards Logan lake there's lots of good wheeling and sights to see...
get directions for Bose lake it's a great spot not super hard to get to but awsome fishing and great sightseeing you end up right behind what used to be Bethlahem Copper mine now it's part os highland valley mines or something.
Petty neat watching the trucks climb in and out of the mine their huge.

kamloopsyota
05-27-2006, 05:37 PM
if you feel like travelli9ng abit more just before kamloops is the inks lake turn off, tons of trails in there

Toy_Runner
05-28-2006, 06:19 PM
merritt thats were i ran over this car [36][36]
up by tolko there is some sweet hill climbs

Cat Chaser
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM
The roche lake area has some great spots to explore

Crazy_Eye
05-28-2006, 07:00 PM
merritt thats were i ran over this car [36][36]
up by tolko there is some sweet hill climbs

ya man my cousins that live up there call that spot the flats. used to go up there like 2 or 3 times a year and go ride up there

Hello Kitty
05-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Anyone here from Merrit?? My bud kevin and I are working in merrit for the next month and get off work early.. We'd like to go exploring with the 4x4's and have a bit of fun in our down time.. Don't wanna just sit in the bar every night, but were so bored, it's what we ended up doing, lmao.. Kev's bringing his 350 cid '75 Landcruiser on 35's, and I be in my '85 f-350 4x4.

hopefully we can hook up with a couple merrit locals for some wheeling,

[cheers] Jim

cough, cough, get some better tires from what i cough, cough remember from jones homie.

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

T.O.
05-28-2006, 07:56 PM
And its an F-250. Got IFS?[27]