PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Question

Murd0c
05-26-2006, 10:53 PM
So I'm getting Sue a couple of tats for her b-day and honestly I don't know where she should go. Shes gone to Liquid Sliver a couple times but she went yesterday and they gave her majour additude so she said fuck it doesn't want to go there.

So where should she go?????

I had to put it here since theres no tattoo room[33]

Murd0c
05-26-2006, 10:55 PM
she wants to get some native whales I think on her ankles or small of her back or somthing

C-Dog
05-26-2006, 11:04 PM
i here the west coast piercing ant ink are good and local

Kinslayer
05-26-2006, 11:18 PM
There's a really good place in ridge. don't know the name, but it's right beside the cop shop and crystal vision in the little strip mall. It's where all the bikers go to get their stuff done, so you know it's gonna be good.

stuckle
05-26-2006, 11:21 PM
any place you can walk into and get a tattoo isnt good to me...

should be booked solid (like wes)

and make sure you do some reasearch on what shop is doing it...wana make sure there not goofballs and are all clean and shit

monstercar
05-26-2006, 11:29 PM
go see brians tattoo 850 2379

surreysinner
05-26-2006, 11:35 PM
If you mean this brian http://www.brianstattoo.com/

he does some nice work.

she-can-2
05-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Wes's (Maple Ridge)

Dutchman (New West)

She'll have to wait but better to wait then get one messed up like I've got

She might wanna wait till after swimming/sun season anyway

FINGERS
05-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Wes's (Maple Ridge)

Dutchman (New West)

Rob Hope from the dutchmans shop is awesome ,If you cant get john to do it

and yes Wes does awesome work aswell[cheers]

she-can-2
05-26-2006, 11:39 PM
my two back pieces are from Rob and Wes[36] [36] [36]

Kinslayer
05-26-2006, 11:42 PM
The one I was mentioning might be this Wes fellow you speak so highly of.

FINGERS
05-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Rob is a buddie ,lives around the corner from me now

Ironman
05-26-2006, 11:51 PM
try dave shore at dragon tattoo in surrey( hes worldwide known for his work) or donovan at lady luck in langley, both are booked at least 3 months plus always

The fuzz
05-26-2006, 11:55 PM
hey go to brians in abbotsford, hes the best bro [36][36][36][36]

Cheeky
05-27-2006, 12:43 AM
[16]

MUST GET TATTY ROOM[27]

MetalMan
05-27-2006, 12:56 AM
I got my ink done by Rhino at Brians

Ayo4yayo
05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Evil By Needle in Surrey[cheers]

Papa Pete
05-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Wes's (Maple Ridge)

Dutchman (New West)

[iagree] [iagree]

Absolutely wait till after sun/swimming season but if you go with Dutchamn(T's work) or Wes (the can-2s) you will have to wait that long anyway.

FINGERS
05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
yup everyone is busy right now

duff
05-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I tryed booking with rob about a mounth ago, he wasent even takeing apointments for another 4 mounths

rachael
05-27-2006, 11:11 AM
So I'm getting Sue a couple of tats for her b-day and honestly I don't know where she should go. Shes gone to Liquid Sliver a couple times but she went yesterday and they gave her majour additude so she said fuck it doesn't want to go there.

So where should she go?????

I had to put it here since theres no tattoo room[33]

Dutchman Tattoo Rob is the best Ian is pretty good too. Check out the website they have their portfolios posted. Expensive but worth it, it's there for life. There is a waiting list, but I agree anywhere where you can just walk in is NO GOOD. Dragon Tattoo (Dave Shore) is good as well, huge waiting list though I think its like a year. I got mine done at Dutchman, Dragon Tattoo and one at liquid sliver (I won't go back) it turned out allright but I didn't like the attitude either.

Rachael

Pudge
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Dutchman's, Brian's, Wes, or Dave Shore, are the only people I would recomend for work, there others I would let do one for me, but to recomend someone is a little different. If your up for a little adventure a freind of mine opened up a shop on Maine Island called Island Boy Tattoo's, I have one from him and the color has held up better than any of my other ones. If you would like the number I could PM ya.

Paul

fourplay
05-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Wes's (Maple Ridge)

Dutchman (New West)

Good plan, you can't swim or burn a fresh tat.

Add Supreme Tattoos in Chilliwack, Wes knows Frank very well.. And like stuckle said, any place not booked can't be thet good.. The Dutchman is great. "A cheap tattoo is not good, A good tattoo is not cheap" I seriously believe that you get what you pay for, and quality come with a price. I know Frank at Supreme very well, but Chilliwack probably a bit far for ya.. Lemme know how many hours ya need, and I'll see what he can do, he gets the odd cancelation or no shows. Chillwacks only 1 hour from the port man, in rush hour.. Plus Reece and I can go next door for a few beers, lol..

My next session is on the 24th!!!! Finish the Phoenix and start goin down the arm, sleeve in progress!!!!!!!!!

[cheers] Jim

Murd0c
05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Ya I've been telling her go to someone good, but her excasue well she doesn't have enough tie I'm like WTF, shes like she just wants a couple native whales. I was like Sue wait for it don't do somthing you will regret, shes worried about the price and I'm like Sue it's a fricken b-day gift u don't have to worry about that.

I dunno I'm just kinda pissed right now, she wants to get it done next week. Shes like theres lots of people out there that are good that you don't have to wait for. I dunno just thinking about scrapping the idea right now if she wants to be like that.

Hello Kitty
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
any place you can walk into and get a tattoo isnt good to me...

should be booked solid (like wes)

and make sure you do some reasearch on what shop is doing it...wana make sure there not goofballs and are all clean and shit

although a shop can be booked for months, some set aside a saturday JUST for walk ins. you can drop off your art work and come back and get it done along with touch ups etc.

Mudgirl
05-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I got my first tatty done at liquid sliver, the guys kinda made me feel nervous and they overchaged me

i got my second one at Fat City, a girl named Michelle did a wicked job [36]
i went back this winter looking to get more stuff done she doesn't work there no more :(

I've only heard good bout the Dutchman

Pudge
05-27-2006, 12:38 PM
You had yours done at Fat City too, eh? Ya, all but one of mine I got there and now I don't know anybody there?? Vinnie is the man!! I wish kerry was still alive :( what an artist!!

crazy j
05-27-2006, 02:26 PM
its not about how busy, how expensive, or how well known someone is at all!!![27]
it all about wether YOU like thier style, quality of artwork and thier attitude and cleanliness. look at thier portfolios, especially work theyve done similar to what youre looking for. an artist can be amazing at one style of art and only average or poor at another style.

rachael
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I've also heard lots of good about Chris at Sacred Heart downtown.

Mukaluk
05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Ya I've been telling her go to someone good, but her excasue well she doesn't have enough tie I'm like WTF, shes like she just wants a couple native whales. I was like Sue wait for it don't do somthing you will regret, shes worried about the price and I'm like Sue it's a fricken b-day gift u don't have to worry about that.

I dunno I'm just kinda pissed right now, she wants to get it done next week. Shes like theres lots of people out there that are good that you don't have to wait for. I dunno just thinking about scrapping the idea right now if she wants to be like that.

Well [33] too then!!!

I know I'm impatient with this... only cuz I've been wanting this tattoo for a couple of years now and been planning it for a while. So no I'm not rushing into it (as much as Reece said), and I know about the whole sun/swim thing too...

Just cuz Reece is paying for it, I'll do what he wants and wait... it's just really want this tattoo!!! [27]

I'll wait... fucknut... [d]

Mukaluk
05-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm kinda torn tho... two small ones on each ankle or one bigger one on the small of my back...

Any thoughts???

Mukaluk
05-27-2006, 05:58 PM
I was told by a friend from work that Dave from sinnister skin in port moody is really good at Haida art, does anyone knowof that place or anyone else thats really good at haida art.

Hello Kitty
05-27-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm kinda torn tho... two small ones on each ankle or one bigger one on the small of my back...

Any thoughts???

sleeve's are good too. [22]

start with the ankle, figure who's gonna do a bigger piece after.

Murd0c
05-27-2006, 06:00 PM
shit wouldn't the back of the ankle kill? damm I don't think she could handle that pain

Squishy
05-27-2006, 06:01 PM

Any thoughts???

give the guy a target[22] [f]

Hello Kitty
05-27-2006, 06:09 PM
You had yours done at Fat City too, eh? Ya, all but one of mine I got there and now I don't know anybody there?? Vinnie is the man!! I wish kerry was still alive :( what an artist!!

guy named cliff did mine when it was vinnies. real good work and fast. too bad he got deported back to nz.

:(

B
05-27-2006, 06:18 PM
[stupid] :D :D :D [cheers]

spend a day off going shop to shop .... i love good haida ink ....[5][5] then book yr shit for end of oct or nov ... then figure what is the best once u have and appt... as u get ideas take them in stuff ..they will usally help or point out things that will help it look right once its on .... cause on paper and ur skin are way different ... personaly the lower back on girls works for me [1c] [1c] but if its your first just get something small so u know what ur up against ...and ur views will change the more time that u hang around shops and look at peoples work ... its all about what u put in to it to be totally happy w ur choice [5] [5] [5]

Murd0c
05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
ya she already had 4 symbols down her back. and fuck ya lower back it da shit

Hello Kitty
05-27-2006, 06:29 PM
not to toot my own horn but haida from tawd at lady luck turned out friken good. he had to do sooooooooooooooooooooooo much native when he worked at tattoo zoo in victoria he got the hang of it fast.

[cheers]

that and he's just good.

Pook
05-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Tawd and Donovan from Lady Luck are good friends of mine, they really now their stuff, but like anybody good, you'll have to wait.

D's probably booked till Xmas now. But they usually open up for saturday dropin's during the summer.

Hello Kitty
05-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Tawd and Donovan from Lady Luck are good friends of mine, they really now their stuff, but like anybody good, you'll have to wait.

D's probably booked till Xmas now. But they usually open up for saturday dropin's during the summer.

[stupid]

rachael
05-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Lower back looks good, but wherever you think your tatty looks best, you'll probably end up, in the long run, getting another one in the spot you don't get one now. Tatty's are addicting.