PDA

View Full Version : 85 lift kit

Toy_Runner
05-23-2006, 05:42 PM
right now i got 33's with 3'' of lift and rub every time i flex, i want to run 35's
what ia a good lift kit, i am thinking of 5'' suspension and 3'' body

redman
05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
stay away from the body lift they suck

get a 6 inch suspension and you can fit 35's with lots of room for flex

Toy_Runner
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
who make a 6'' suspension lift, skyjackers make a 5''

redman
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
you can use chevy springs 53's or larger redline on the board has the 63's. I would go with maybe 56's and a shackel reversal

Big_Ern
05-23-2006, 07:25 PM
DO NOT buy a kit from sky jacker, procomp, NWOR, etc They ride like crap and don't flex.

Your much better off buying from arock crawling company such as Marlin, Trail Gear, All Pro, Sky Manufacturing, etc.

Also, I presonally would run a smaller lift and massage your fenders with a sledge hammer to make the tires fit.

I've got about 3-4" lift, flexy suspension and run 36's without any rubbing. I could probably run 40s if I wanted.

or if you want a cheap solution use some stock rear leafs up front (add a few leafs for the height you want) and either the 56" chevies or 56" F150s for the rears

ToYz
05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I dont see any prob with body lifts personally, with a 3" in mine and no sway bars I still can control my truck... kind of.. on windy days crusin' at 120 down the #1 .... with bald 35" swampers.

but nevertheless.. indeed stay away from sky craper and trail disaster junk... if you got the money waiting to be burned goto otto max (www.otto-max.com) in port kells and get some custom springs made up [1c]

Toy_Runner
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
DO NOT buy a kit from sky jacker, procomp, NWOR, etc They ride like crap and don't flex.

Your much better off buying from arock crawling company such as Marlin, Trail Gear, All Pro, Sky Manufacturing, etc.

Also, I presonally would run a smaller lift and massage your fenders with a sledge hammer to make the tires fit.

I've got about 3-4" lift, flexy suspension and run 36's without any rubbing. I could probably run 40s if I wanted.

or if you want a cheap solution use some stock rear leafs up front (add a few leafs for the height you want) and either the 56" chevies or 56" F150s for the rears

i dont really want to massage my fenders with a sledge hammer,