PDA

View Full Version : Wanna make my truck bigger

SBC hris
05-19-2006, 02:37 AM
8 Inch lift, cut fenders clear 40's? Cause that's the plan.

jeeper
05-19-2006, 02:41 AM
If you like mud then the bigger tires the better !

But for trail runnin thats not nescearily the case !

So build your truck for what you love doin :)

SBC hris
05-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Ya it's on 35's now, but its a long box so its never really going to be good on the trails. I've just got too much money into it to justify selling it so I have to do something with it, and the 35's are too small.

Squishy
05-19-2006, 06:51 PM
what you got for runninggear? dont think 10bolts are gonna like 38's

SBC hris
05-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Meh when it breaks ill upgrade. Im waiting for the rear to explode so i can get a corporate 14. Isn't Mudking running 40's on a 10 bolt??

Squishy
05-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Meh when it breaks ill upgrade. Im waiting for the rear to explode so i can get a corporate 14. Isn't Mudking running 40's on a 10 bolt??

he hasnt drove it in years, and i dont think hes actually drove in 4x4 with the 10 in there, deans broke many a 10bolts on 38.5's(but hes out there every weekend)

Kinslayer
05-20-2006, 03:11 PM
8 inches of lift will clear 40s, trimming will clear em better though. my 38's are going on my D44, and the corp 10 isn't that much weaker.

Deaner has broke that many because of the way he drives, you can break ANYTHING with a little wheel speed and then sudden resistance...But that's basically mud bogging right there - get your tires a spinning, then have them grab onto an unseen hard object (rock, bumper..) under the gooline and BANG.. snapped ujoints, or worse. in that case, Yeah, if you are running something with a lot of inertia, such as 38+ inch tires - they weigh a lot and when they get spinning, not much is gonna stop them...combine that with a good tread pattern like TSLs or Boggers....Snap snap snap.

On the other side of the coin, d44's are PLENTIFUL and cheap, 100-200 bucks, where as d60s are about a grand, IF you can find one. If you can, put it in. Otherwise just take it easy on a d44, it's not like you are gonna bust it so bad that you can't drive home in 2wd. I bought a d44 and corp 14 with 4.10s for 400 bucks, I got em primarily for the gearing, but having the strength wont hurt either.

Squishy
05-20-2006, 03:17 PM
8 inches of lift will clear 40s, trimming will clear em better though. my 38's are going on my D44, and the corp 10 isn't that much weaker.

Deaner has broke that many because of the way he drives, you can break ANYTHING with a little wheel speed and then sudden resistance...But that's basically mud bogging right there - get your tires a spinning, then have them grab onto an unseen hard object (rock, bumper..) under the gooline and BANG.. snapped ujoints, or worse. in that case, Yeah, if you are running something with a lot of inertia, such as 38+ inch tires - they weigh a lot and when they get spinning, not much is gonna stop them...combine that with a good tread pattern like TSLs or Boggers....Snap snap snap.

On the other side of the coin, d44's are PLENTIFUL and cheap, 100-200 bucks, where as d60s are about a grand, IF you can find one. If you can, put it in. Otherwise just take it easy on a d44, it's not like you are gonna bust it so bad that you can't drive home in 2wd. I bought a d44 and corp 14 with 4.10s for 400 bucks, I got em primarily for the gearing, but having the strength wont hurt either.

isnt that how your supposed to drive?[f]

SBC hris
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Ya I plan to hack the fenders out alot to fit the tires. I'll the run the stock running gear until I break it, then I'll replace it.

Kinslayer
05-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah, well, that's how you drive if you go mud bogging constantly. However, when you wheel trails and stuff that's how you try to avoid driving - a heavy foot doesn't always get you up the obstacles, that's why everyone always wants lower and lower gearing, so they can idle up things WITH power and not have to bounce and break.

I wouldn't go bigger than 40's with a d44 for sure, id be a little concerned with 40s.