PDA

View Full Version : Help me Jesus... PLEASE

Gaybait
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM
ok so, this morning i drove to school and parked. Everything was cool, about 30 mins into my first class ( automotive 12 ) i went to grab the jeep ( 87 2 dr 4.0 V6) so i can grease the bearings, and all that crap cuz i was bored. Anyways it wouldnt start... it was cranking and everything so it had a charge and it was trying.. but it wouldnt start. After about 15 secs. i stopped and it reaked of fuel. i got 5 of my mates to help me push it over to the bay so we did. We got it there and i pulled the first plug to see if i got spark.. hat do u know with the first pulled the fuckkin thing started.. anyways.. i had to leave class so i left it for the next. they did it several times and it fired up. Anyways i started it after school and i popped the hood and i hear a hiss... like a loud hiss.. i found it on my injector.. i wiggle the injector and u can hear the changes in the hiss so its obviously leaking. U think this is my problem? when i try and start it just floods? or what... any suggestions would help.. i dont wanna be bagged for the weekend.. HELP MEE!11! it does it all the tim enow, just got back from my buddies took like 15 mins to get it started and leave.[27] [27] [27] :( :( [j]

-Thanks,
James.

jeeper
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Its not Jesus you should be asking for help from

Jeep wise his name is NUTBAR -Or another one is MATT they know their jeep stuff !

DirtyComanche
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Ya know, I find it funny you think the 4.0 is a V6 when you actually pulled one of the injectors. As a hint there's a reason why they are all in a row...

And a leaky injector ain't helping anything. Although I wouldn't say it's definatly the source of your problem.

Edit, I'd say determine if you actually have spark when it won't start. Then go from there.

Gaybait
05-16-2006, 10:19 PM
okay.

Nutbar
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
A leaky inj won't help matters but shouldn't cause a no start situation. What the 87 to 90 (Renix Inj) 4.0s are notoriously bad for is the TDC sensor, located in the top drivers side of the bellhousing, it triggers from the flywheel and is the pick up for the ignition (the pick up in the distributor has nothing to do with the ignition STUPID Renualt design). I constantly replace TDC sensors for intermittent no start situations

jeeper
05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
ya what he said ----------lol

Cece
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Thank you Jesus!!! [h]

ohhh...errr... thanks Mikey!!! :p

Gaybait
05-16-2006, 10:43 PM
hehe thanks alot, i appreciate that. R u sure thats the problem :P and how much is ths sensor? and where may i pick one up

shockless
05-16-2006, 10:44 PM
i personally wouldnt be sparking a plug there if you smell gas..

DirtyComanche
05-16-2006, 10:45 PM
i personally wouldnt be sparking a plug there if you smell gas..

Wuss.

Gaybait
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
its not a huge amount, but it also did it when i shut off the car.. when u shut it off and walk infront of the vehicle towards my house u can smell a bit of gas

shockless
05-16-2006, 10:48 PM
well its a jeep ti should burn anyways.... haha

jeeper
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
If you cant figure it out pm nutbar or Matt -Im sure they could help you out -They both have shops and donate a lot of their lifetimes of experiance here all the time ! So I have no problem sending them buisness !

Nutbar
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
hehe thanks alot, i appreciate that. R u sure thats the problem :P and how much is ths sensor? and where may i pick one up

I am not a 100% sure that is the problem but it is one of the most common problems to cause your symptoms the only way to be sure that is the problem is to test the sensor when the truck won't start. The sensor should be around $100(haven't replaced one since I started the fab shop so I am not posative on the price) and you can get it from the Chrysler dealer I don't think the aftermarket guys (Neihoff etc) make that sensor and I wouldn't buy an aftermarket one anyway

Toyquad
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
black smoke when it does finally start? maybe a dirty injector getting stuck open flooding the cylinder cause no start?

i also agree with nutbar on the sensor on the top of the bell housing..... i've changed lots of those for no start problems.... albiet on volvo's....

DirtyComanche
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
You can grab a CPS from the j-yard. Might get lucky and get a working one.

Yeah, I'm really cheap.

Anyways, they like to do wonky things, so I'll bow to Nutbar.

Gaybait
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
npe no smoke... it just eventually starts... its very odd..

Matt
05-17-2006, 06:29 AM
call me if you get the chance. Nutbar is more than likely right. I stock the tdc sensor and it's cheap. I also stock injector o rings(cheap as well). not worth trying to find a used one that may or may not work[cheers]