PDA

View Full Version : My sisters bday present

DeeDee
05-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Mmmmmk,
Fingers wanted a pic of the little tattoo I got while I was in California...Ill explain it a bit first.

2.5 years ago I took on the roll of looking after my older sister (who was "sick")....She lived with me for about 3 months and I lost almost everything I had. People say everything happens for a reason and at the time I couldnt figure out why, and I was very angry. She went thru alot and straightened her life out and we started to become friends again....last summer she went missing, my whole family went crazy trying to find her. Instead of listing to her side of the story I blamed her for the stress that my family went thru and I hated her for it until about 6 months ago.
When we started talking again I was totally distant b.c I didnt trust her, I found out that she had almost died. Instead of hating her for the rest of her life, for a reason that I didnt even know, I forgave her and am very very glad I did, b.c I would be missing out if she wasnt in my life.:o
I havent gotton her a bday present in years so I took her to get her hair done and then sunday night we got these.... (sister in some asian letters :D)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4116/chineasetatty6mu.png (http://imageshack.us)

FINGERS
05-11-2006, 01:58 PM
nice ,very nice

Pudge
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey that is totally cool, nice to reaquaint (sp) with family, done a little of that myself. Doesn't that say hotdog in jap though?

u-can-2
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Nice tat Summer [36]

Good thing we don't have a tattoo room eh [16]

DeeDee
05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey that is totally cool, nice to reaquaint (sp) with family, done a little of that myself. Doesn't that say hotdog in jap though?

I couldnt find the image of sister and I was already frusterated so I was gonna get something else and lie about it saying sister :D but then I thought...what if team asia comes back in and gives away my secret[32]

Im not sure if its jap, chinease, or whatever.... but it was the one I liked the most out of all the "sister" symbols :)

Pudge
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I love the asain symbols etc... they make cool tats!! Looks nice though.

ps, kidding on the 'hotdog" I can barely read english, lol.

HEAVY METAL
05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
cool tats, nice story summer...

StinkFinger
05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
nice

RebelAngelle
05-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Very cool Summer...

The tats I have on my leg and my arm are both family-related as welll... they are the ones that I hold dearest to me... :D

bakelite
05-11-2006, 02:45 PM
that's cool...glad you are friends with your sister again. :) My son and I got symbols for "honour" on our legs at the same time...it's a bond, it's cool and special. [cheers]

EIEIO
05-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Thats cool. [f]

DirtyComanche
05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
From my ability to muddle through Japanese, I think it says "Big Sister" and "Little sister". Bet lets not hold me to that, it's been a LONG time...

(It also could be chinese, can't tell 'em apart)

Anyways, cool tats.

szabotage
05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
cool tats, summer. I love the meaning behind it too. it reminds me of the stories from miami ink, very touching :)

epic3
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
bI'll have my translater work on it tonight

DeeDee
05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanx guys. I was gonna explain a bit more but as I got into detail I could feel my eyes filling with ... water? haha, so I gave the short version.

Its family, even if she goes down hill again I will always love her and what she has gone thru in the past few years....Im soooo proud of her...and friggen happy she is still alive so...one of those things I wont regret[cheers]

Big_Ern
05-12-2006, 01:33 AM
That really cool Summer. :cool:

I was gonna ask what tats you two got when I noticed the bandage in the pics you posted

Murd0c
05-12-2006, 01:42 AM
looking gooder Summer a perfect tattoo

nykoma
05-12-2006, 07:15 AM
thats some nice ink work there[cheers]

Mukaluk
05-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Nice tattoo Summer!!!

But from personal experience, I hoped you did research the actual symbols for 'sister' cuz the symbols they have in their books isn't always right! I got a tattoo a few years ago that said 'spirit' in Japanese... WRONG!!!!

A japenese friend of mine looked at it and laughed. She said it said 'air' not 'spririt'. It had to be combined with another symbol to make spirit.

STUPID FUCKERS!!! [33]

So after that, I researched my other symbols myself. I didn't want my back to say 'shit' or 'gay' or something worse!!!

But very nice tattoos Summer... very nice!:D

Evan the Blue
05-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Nice ink there DD ..... kewl story too [36]
I'm goint to go make an apointment w/ Wes. I can't stand this any longer [27]
In the end all that matters is family/friends [d]