PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

jesslee
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
when i push my clutch in now its reeeeaaaly stiff and feels like its almost snagged on something? i'm not totally sure but it feels like there is alot of stress on the cable. I'm not sure what to look for or how to go about fixing the problem, but any help would be appreciated. oh yeah and also it makes a horrible screetch sound while pushing it in.:confused: thanks guys!

norm
05-11-2006, 03:46 PM
unhook your cable at the clutch fork and see if the cable moves freely,I have
seen them sieze up.If it does move freely then pull the tranny[31]

If ya buy a new clutch spend the extra money on a centreforce(I can't
remember but it wasn't much more than a Dynapak)mines been in over a year and works great even with the 1.6[cheers]

u-can-2
05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Sounds like it could be the throw-out bearing....

Does it squeel a little if you just put your foot lightly on the clutch petal :confused:

joshjohnbaun
05-11-2006, 04:32 PM
hmm, hes at school right now, ill let him know and get him to check tommorow, thanks for the ideas guys! anything else maybe?

joshjohnbaun
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
ah sorry ucan... when you are saying does it squeel... do mean while driving? or while stopped?

jesslee
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
naw it only sqeeks when you push it down its does a "sqeeeeeek!!!" haha it bogus. a couple guys in my welding class think i just need a new cable they say it could just be from being out mud boggin it all weekend the cable froze up or got rusty cause it just happend after i went in the mud all weekend and got worse over 2-3 days.

hey norm if it moves freely isnt that what i want? and if so why would i pull the tranny, i'm confused man. help a newb out hah! thanks

norm
05-12-2006, 02:42 PM
if it moves freely it meeans the cable is ok,hence pull'n the tranny to fix
your clutch and or t/o brg problem[cheers]

jesslee
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
ah gotcha, what if the cable is just fubard? then just replace that and good to go, i'm on a student budget right now. money isnt really existant to me right now for the next month or so