PDA

View Full Version : finally swapin in my 440

moparmatt
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM
well the eccentric on the cam for my fuel pump went so im just gonna pull my 318 out and will be putting my 440 in..i just ordered an edelbrock rpm intake and a 670cfm 4 barrel truck avenger carb..hopefully it will be alright...has anyone made this convesion yet and what were some problems that you ran in to... im pretty sure i have to change my brake booster because the valve covers are going to hit them...if you have any info on this the help with be greatly appreciated...oh yea its a 79 3/4 ton powerwagon. single cab short box 4 inch lift with 35 thornbirds

Squishy
05-11-2006, 01:27 AM
well the eccentric on the cam for my fuel pump went so im just gonna pull my 318 out and will be putting my 440 in..i just ordered an edelbrock rpm intake and a 670cfm 4 barrel truck avenger carb..hopefully it will be alright...has anyone made this convesion yet and what were some problems that you ran in to... im pretty sure i have to change my brake booster because the valve covers are going to hit them...if you have any info on this the help with be greatly appreciated...oh yea its a 79 3/4 ton powerwagon. single cab short box 4 inch lift with 35 thornbirds

uh oh[32]

should be good when its all done[cheers]

shockless
05-11-2006, 07:21 AM
sounds cool man, cant wait to see

epic3
05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
It'll be good till gas hits 1.50 a liter

moparmatt
05-13-2006, 12:30 AM
well just finished bolting everything in....gonna try fire it up tommoromow... then put on a new 2.and a half inch exhaust...yea stupid gas prices are getting rediculous

epic3
05-15-2006, 12:04 AM
cool on the swap chargers and 440's are good fun no matter fuel costs
don't matter what ya drive big block or not it's prohibitive to driva any v8

ottoman
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
the carb should work pretty good for ya . i got a buddy with one of them carbs and it ran just as good after he roled it as before LOL

moparmatt
06-07-2006, 08:32 PM
its been running good..the carb has been pretty good so far... i was gonna send it back when i first got it cuz i think my had been dropped in the store or somthing because the fuel intake part was busted but i was to excited so i took it off my old carb and put it on and its been fine..sure has way more power then my old 318

MudRam
07-29-2006, 11:58 AM
sweet dude, its nice to see someone else building a mopar!!!!!I loved my old 440, but it was really tired so im replacing it with a custom built 440 stroker (500cid) eagle crank, rods with custom stud girdle, Ross racing pistons, edelbrock alum heads, custom ground compition hyd roller cam, roller rockers, and edelborck pro-flow multi point EFI...and a few other special endurance mods(oiling, balancing etc).....should be good for 550 hp and 650 ftlb....yeeee hawwwww...time to go pond skimming!!!

Toy_Runner
07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
mudram is it going to be done for aug long?

sj-x 500
07-29-2006, 09:01 PM
sweet dude, its nice to see someone else building a mopar!!!!!I loved my old 440, but it was really tired so im replacing it with a custom built 440 stroker (500cid) eagle crank, rods with custom stud girdle, Ross racing pistons, edelbrock alum heads, custom ground compition hyd roller cam, roller rockers, and edelborck pro-flow multi point EFI...and a few other special endurance mods(oiling, balancing etc).....should be good for 550 hp and 650 ftlb....yeeee hawwwww...time to go pond skimming!!!

don't you mean it got too much mud in it :D

MudRam
07-30-2006, 01:21 AM
mudram is it going to be done for aug long?

Unfortunatly the shop is closed next week, so i wont see it till tues or wed after the long weekend (friggin custom stuff takes too long to get!!)... its so close i can taste it.... everythings here and done, except the pushrods, Jerry wanted to do a pre assembley to get the proper pushrod length, and they wern't avalible in Van. so he couldn't finish it on friday...oh well, I've got a few other things to do between now and then, and when she roars she'll ROAR!![cheers]

Toy_Runner
07-30-2006, 08:16 AM
oh well, she'll be done for sept long