PDA

View Full Version : help me wire?

gumboot
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
aight, so I'm puttin the 7MGE in my 83 pickup and well I hate wiring cuz I don't know much about it. I have the wiring diagrams on my comp, but like I said I don't have much experience with wiring. So I hope to get the cab on the truck this weekend and hopefully I can begin the wiring process the weeend of the 27th. So if anyone has experience with wiring one of these up, I'd love to get your help, I'll even suply the beer. By the way, I'm in Kelowna. Thanks, cheers.

crazy j
05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
id be all over givin you hand if i have the time. wont be living back in kelowna till early june, but ive been irond on the weekends though. i have not wired a 7m before, but i have wired a 22re into my '80 p/u. not the same engine, but still toyota logic. made a complete stand alone harness that works quite well. id like to get some practice as the plan is to put a 7mgte into my friends '76 celica as well as my own truck.

did you get the harness out of the car the engine was in? i know it can be frustrating, but it worth your while to spend the extra time to do it right. i soldered and shrink tubed all my connections, used the correct wire colours to match the factory diagrams and took apart the factory plugs and re-used them. i figure i spent about 25-30 hours on the harness alone and have had no problems whatsoever. think how frustrating it would be trying to track down that one shitty connection that caused you stall in the middle of the mudhole.

gumboot
05-09-2006, 10:16 AM
sweet man that'd be awesome, anytime you can help is good for me. I'm pretty sure I have the wiring harness here already, I'll double check.

G-rizzle Swank
05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
yup your fucked, now that thing is never gonna be on the road