PDA

View Full Version : FNG

davids78bronco
05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
So, I was checking out the videos from http://www.tpoakman.neptune.com/ and thought I'd poke around, and see what else you guys got. I, probably, won't have much to share tho, since I don't live anywhere near BC - I'm down here, in the middle of Oregon.

As you can imagine, I own a 78 Bronco. I own three, actually... altho, one's a 79. My wheeler's going thru some significant changes, and won't be trail ready for a few months yet. But, what it does have, is a simple 4" lift on 36" swampers, stock axles and stock 3.50 gears (open at both ends), being run by a 429 in front of the stock C6 and 205. I've stripped down the body, alot, and have lost alot of weight, because of that. There's no tailgate, rear seat, much for doors, and no roof... not much of a dash, either. It'll be getting caged as soon as time allows, as well as 4-link F&R. What's left of my goofy-assed hlaf doors, will be replaced with custom door inserts, early bronco-style. Rear axle's going to get a spool, sometime, and the front will probly get welded (I've got 4 other carriers, so I've got spares)

This is what it looked like, before I hacked off the roof -
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/209083/fullsize/Bronco%20006.jpg

So, there I am... the FNG

davids78bronco
05-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I spose I could add, I also have an 86 Trooper II, that my wife is planning on modifying the F out of, for her own wheeler - small block ford, fullsize axles, leaf springs at both ends, caged, tube doors, custom removable hardtop. Again, as time and money allow. So I'm planning on showing her the Red one, that's floating around in here, somewhere... same one that's also in the video

and a side note - I dig that Zuki, with the toyota grill and paint - nice! :D

Big_Ern
05-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome[cheers]

The Red trooper you're thinking of is Paul's. He goes by dentedup on here. Its got one ton drive train from his old fullsize chevy p/u. Extremely capable truck with him driving[36]

Evan the Blue
05-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Cool Rig man ..... love the custom doors. [5] Glad you like the Vids. and even more happy to see you directed here [cheers]

Summer Wheeling Trip to BC[f]

davids78bronco
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, guys... altho, I DID notice the newbie intro forum, just now :rolleyes:

I wondered what axles were being used on that, when I saw the lug nuts. My first thought was Toyota axles ... dentedup - he's on POR too, isn't he? I swear I've seen that name somewhere. Anyway, cool rig.

I don't know if he uses the same name here, but on fullsizebronco.com, it was Deathtrap, that posted the video link. I still have to watch them all, but so far, very cool