PDA

View Full Version : and it starts, again.

crimsen
05-05-2006, 10:38 PM
decided to put some of the new tools to use.

removed the deck, gonna redo it and make it slightly smaller.

took out the 14b. gonna have to redo it since i had it set up for the suspension before i do the shackle reversal. gonna try and get the reversal done tomorrow. just need to get the fuckin bolt out. sucker is in there gooder.

compressor is workin well for my new air ratchet.

picked up a lil flux core welder. gotta get some wire for it and should be good to go. only 225 for it.

picked up the stick welder, the grinder, the oxy ace set up with all the hardware, the welding table (lower left of the tool pic) and a huge vice all for $500. SCORE !!!! [32] [1c]

pic of the tool wall. and thats just the start. i really need a bigger shop.

pic of the 14b, and then the truck as it sits now.
DAMN do i love having a bobcat at my disposal. alot easier then jacking up the truck or lifting the deck off. gotta love being the operator at work. i get to use all the fun toys :D[36]

also, anyone have an easy way to get this bolt out? got the nut off, and beat the life outta the end and it didn't move. gonna have to melt the bushing out i guess? how hard are they to replace or cost ?

HEAVY METAL
05-05-2006, 11:01 PM
use ur impact to spin the hell ouuta the bolt... or torch it out yo...

B
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
use ur impact to spin the hell ouuta the bolt... or torch it out yo...

[stupid] mine were seized 2....[27] torched em out got new bushings[cheers]

crimsen
05-06-2006, 12:13 AM
impact aint budging them. it aint th greatest gun but it works for most stuff.

how hard are they to replace bryson ?

HEAVY METAL
05-06-2006, 12:23 AM
once the bolts are out.. you'll prolly have to drill out the rubber to get the sleeve put.. a real bitch yo..

HEAVY METAL
05-06-2006, 12:23 AM
heatt he bolts and borrow abettre gun..

B
05-06-2006, 12:33 AM
just light the fuckers up... burn out all the rubber ... any spring shop out thier will have them.... [5]

shockless
05-06-2006, 12:33 AM
good to see you working on it again jesse, if youneed any help you have my number

B
05-06-2006, 12:40 AM
acually i torch cut the bolt on both sides first ..... then burnt it out.... the bolt was one with the sleeve, and the rubber was welded to the sleeve.....gooder luck jess[36] just a pain in the ass to do ...nothin u can't handle:cool:

OldEnuff
05-06-2006, 02:51 AM
acually i torch cut the bolt on both sides first ..... then burnt it out.... the bolt was one with the sleeve, and the rubber was welded to the sleeve.....gooder luck jess[36] just a pain in the ass to do ...nothin u can't handle:cool:

Was a bitch to do on the bronco as well.
Used a grinder and cutting disc to cut the ends off the bolts then propane torch to burn out the rubber bushings. (no welding torch :( )
Got new poly bushings and they went in quite easy.

pumpkin
05-06-2006, 07:31 AM
I use a balljoint press (looks like a big C clamp) to press the bolt out. Works great.

bakelite
05-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Nice tools score...looks nice and organized too..[cheers] No matter how big your shop is it's too small...[15] That's a good old arc welder, try some 7014 rod with it, good for tacking stuff together. [cheers]

jakerngr
05-06-2006, 09:01 AM
tie them bottles to something so you dont knock them over by accidednt

I got my spring bolts off with a zip cut on either side of the shackle. just to get it out then i put them in a vise and smashed them out. I didnt have no heat and it only took me about an hour.

oh and a have about a 5 foot breaker bar too that helps

or just cut the bracket off the frame and do it on the shop floor your doin the revursal anyways right???

crimsen
05-06-2006, 11:59 AM
ya, ill cut the bracket off to get the bolt out.

bottles were just there temp since i am useing the dolly for a cart, and needed it for something else.