PDA

View Full Version : Question about propane tune up

Thunderbucket
04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I have a Ford F150 running a 302 with propane,,it failed the idle test for aircare,,everything else was good,,,does anyone know of a reputable shop in Mission or abbotsford with an exhaust analyzer who could adjust the system,,?
and what do you think the charge would be to adjust it?
The Co2 readings where high.

Thanks.

gordwould
04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
I would go to wheel to wheel in poco and talk to paulo but how are the other readings hydrocarbon mainly on idle? if it is low just bump the idle up a bit or drop your timing back 2degrees [cheers] do timing first

Thunderbucket
04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
The rest of the readings where all fine,,just high Co2,(readings where double the allowable),,i dont have a timing light so i'm kinda lost in the woods on that score,,and i just hate the idea of giving those Bas***ds more money,, just to fail.

I would go to wheel to wheel in poco and talk to paulo but how are the other readings hydrocarbon mainly on idle? if it is low just bump the idle up a bit or drop your timing back 2degrees [cheers] do timing first

pumpkin
04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Not co2, Co, If it failed idle Co then it could be adjustment, but if the mixer is worn out you'll need a new one. This is provided that its not a feedback system.

joshjohnbaun
04-20-2006, 02:00 PM
ah happy to have no aircare....