View Full Version : what to do?????????

04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
well put insurance on the b2 on friday

went to postil yesterday tooled around in 2wd low mostly ran good (other than i think my tfi module is crappin out on me) flings mud awesome when i get it to rev

then today i went up old postil road with boyzen and magna no problems till one small hill climb i'd get half way up then my rpms would cut back to 1200rpm and not go higher that would be fine if it were dry but it had a dusting of snow and was nice an muddy i didn't manage to get any higher than 2/3 of the way before i decided to let magna winch me woulda been no problem had i been able to make some wheel speed (i was even in low low)

got on with winchin got about 10 feet tires were pointed straight ann snap there goes my pass side axle in the front d44 wel shit i only had it about 900-1200 rpm

now my dilema is do i pull my insurance swap to full width 60/14b and fuck with the b2 even more which will take awhuile and a few more thousand or do i stick warn shafts (or comparable ) and ctm's in it so i can actually wheel it this season lookin at about $1000 for shafts and ctm joints and be up and goin again in a few weeks or spend about $4000 buildin a d60/buyin a done 14b and fuckin with my front suspension setup which will take me till next spring

btw i'm sittin at about 300-350horse dual cases and 36" rubber


04-16-2006, 07:45 PM
hmm, id say replace the shaft and save for a 60 man

04-16-2006, 09:25 PM
was a fun day till we heard the loud snap crackle pop

04-16-2006, 10:01 PM

sj-x 500
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
hrmm.. me.. i don't usually like to polish turds. but the 60 is not cheap. if you could keep the same rear for now, just beef up the front end. get a 60 in there with matched gears for your rear. hopefully it will work out.. isn't rod sellin his matched 60's? pm f150hulk?

04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
was it new shafts and joint or were they old? just wondering if it was strength or stress failure. i would get some cheap replacements, and see how those work. if they snap just as easy, then decide between the 60 or alloys.

keep it on the road for now. it won't take much to replace it and ya can get back out there and use it. no sence in pulling it off the road for another year to get the 60 in if ya can get by with the 44. then slowly work the 60 up and toss her in.

ya change the tfi yet? hopefully that will be the problem and won't have to worry on that.

also, is it a 3 month insure or 12 ?

04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
hey I think I would pull the locker out and run reg axles so you don't break it so quick see how that works then when you start on the 60 put a locker in.

04-17-2006, 08:52 PM
walt(warlord) is running the warn axles and yukon joints on his jeep, 38.5 boggers, a healthy 360 and a lot of go juice, with a locker in the front, and as of yet i believe hes had no problems with the setup where he would break the shafts before the locker and stock shafts.

i can say i wont go 60 unless i plan on 39" tires, which i dont, the shafts and joints can be had at a fraction of the cost of a 60 swap and the shafts and joints are under warranty if you use both the shafts and joints together.

how big of tire are you running?

04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
he has 36x12.5 super swamps,I think it has to do with the daul t cases makeing so much torque on axles.