PDA

View Full Version : fj40 rotors

Toy_Runner
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
is it true that fj40 rotors wit fit on toyota p/u axle, are they bigger for better braking or what??

russfest
04-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes 84 FJ40 rotors on your axle, with the dual piston brakes from an IFS truck. It brakes better due to better cooling as well as they are vented rotors. No need to upgrade the master cylinder, but you might have to get different rims otherwise they might rub.

Russ

PS I have this done

Toy_Runner
04-16-2006, 01:36 PM
my rims have alot of offset, hom much do you have, so they dont rub

slacker
04-16-2006, 05:38 PM
V6 IFS calipers are the best . .....

other then that ...what he said .

russfest
04-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes V6 IFS calipers, dual piston, forgot to specify that.. thanks slacker.

The pads we use are PBR 4wd High Perfomance Disc Brake Pads. Part Number: D252 4WD (on the box). There are the best type we've tried, I cant remember the cost, we bought em from Lordco.

As for back spacing I dont know? I got black steel wheels with backspacing from NSOR, I told em what I was doing when I bought new MTR's. If you have lots then you should be ok? Sorry I cant help you out more.

Russ

Where are you?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw Penticton

ToyotaHEAD
04-17-2006, 12:09 AM
There are 2 kinds of IFS calipers. One is slightly bigger than the other. Meaning the bigger ones have bigger pads is all. Also I have seen some V6 trucks with the smaller IFS calipers. So be sure your getting the larger calipers. And yes both the bigger and smaller IFS calipers will bolt on and work with the FJ rotors. Also to clarify, the calipers are 4 pistons in total.

Big_Ern
04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
and if you mount it up with IFS hubs you'll get an extra 3" width