PDA

View Full Version : 84 Ford Bronco II Hydrolic Clutch Qustion

Ugly
04-15-2006, 07:01 PM
k, after submerging my viechle in a water whole i managed to fk my clutch and starter, no biggy starter is cheap,
but after i was pulled out of the whole, couldnt start the truck so i had some ppl dudes pull start me, started fine, went to drive around clutch slipped a little.. No biggy, clutch is wet and muddy, Dried out, worked Fine,

for 10 minutes....

Stalled it out again, pull started, again ( well.. attempted pull start )
clutch wouldnt grab, the clutch would Sloowwlly engage, not fast enough to chirp the wheels and spin the gears and blah blah what ever...
so after half hour of drag pull spin bullshit i finally get it running, but i'm not going anywhere, Pushed the clutch in, put it in gear Fine, no grinding not stiff, Perfect shift, went to let the clutch out, it felt like it was stuck to the floor, came up, but not with as much Unf as before... And the truck didnt move... tried 4 wheel, 2 wheel, 4 hi 4 lo,.
got it moving slightly in 4 lo but not enough to make it out of stave... had to get pulled to the entrance and get a tow ride home ( $280 )
its a hydrolic clutch, hydro fluid is full, No bad smells, no screatching noises, no chattering,
could it be Pressure plate?
or the throw out bearing?
Both?
Something Else?
I'm not very smrt when it comes to viechles so

jeeper
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Possibly debri behind the clutch pressure plate not allowing full pressure ?

jeeper
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
oh ya -------buy a bcaa membership ------your gonna use it :)

Ugly
04-15-2006, 07:21 PM
i do believe i should :)
Right after i can afford to legally put my truck on the road :P Anyone got a jack i can use to take my tranny with >?

jakerngr
04-15-2006, 08:53 PM
that exact same thing hapend to me up at stave in my ranger and I took the cluch out, the pressure plate was packed full of mud wood and other stave goodies so new presure plate and clean the starter out

gordwould
04-16-2006, 12:29 AM
usualy in this case the pressure plate has filled up with mud between the fingers and the housing and when you pull it apart you will see this more than likely since it has happened to me in my old sand rail and my friends old ranger and when you rip it apart pull the flywheel off and inspect the rear main seal of the motor and i would replace it just to be safe because it would suck if a month after you fixed it it started leaking (just a suggestion)oh also see if you can find a three finger clutch less chance of plugging up[cheers]

F150HULK
04-16-2006, 06:56 AM
If you have pedal then it'll be your clutch, with like they said lots of stave goodies, and you may have bent some fingers. If your pedal is spongy then its your slave. Trust me now I have become an expert on this as I have to change mine atleast twice a year.[27]

If your the dude in the black B2 that lives near me I can check it out fer ya. I also have a tranny jack adapter you can borrow.

Ugly
04-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Yup thats me.. i'll pick up a new starter some time this week.. i gotta buddy that owes me one anyways.. i unno pm me and we'll work somethin out :)

PigPen
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
i just went through that exact same thing at stave and it was wood in the plate fingers if you need a clutch i have a brand new luk kit and freshly machined flywheel for a 2.9 ford but i dont own a 2.9 anymore gimme a holler

Ugly
04-17-2006, 08:39 PM
i got a 2.8 litre in there right now.. but when i was away for the long weekend with my g.f the dude i lived with took it apon himself to take my clutch apart and clean it all up for me... its starting to work now the more i push the clutch in and out the more it works... Guess drivin him up to stave everyweekend is starting to pay off ;) :P